Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
trekkin_gecko
Capra Collisopelli
City, State: phoenix, az

need to borrow or rent a kayak

Post by trekkin_gecko » Aug 06 2012 5:08 pm

have a friend visiting the first week of september
i have a perception swifty, and i'm looking for something similar to borrow or rent for a couple days for my friend (who also owns a swifty)
if i could borrow one, i would return the favor sometime
the best rental i've found is salt river canoe, kayak and raft rentals, but more than one day adds up...
planning to hit blue ridge reservoir and/or willow springs lake - nothing hard core
would welcome any input regarding rentals, campsites, or other cool places to go

toddak
Solo Adventurepelli
City, State: Puhoynix, AZ

Re: need to borrow or rent a kayak

Post by toddak » Aug 22 2012 5:52 pm

If you're still looking, I've got two Dagger 10.5 kayaks, you'd be welcome to borrow one. Old but in good condition, I've used them many times for flatwater camping, including at blue ridge. They don't have a lot of internal storage, but you can strap drybags on the front and rear decks (I've got drybags too if you need them). I've overnighted on the upper end of the south arm of blue ridge, pretty much every hairpin bend has a nice campsite up on the ridge, great area (but crowded on the weekends). PM me if you're interested. Todd

gummo
Legless Lizard Kopelli
City, State: mesa

Post by gummo » Oct 29 2012 5:23 pm

Does anyone have a tandem kayak that I could rent for a day or two in the beginning of December? I plan to go to Lake Pleasant at that time.

gringoantonio
G pelli
City, State: Boise, ID

Post by gringoantonio » Oct 29 2012 11:23 pm

Arizona Hiking Shack has the best rates on high quality high performance inflatables. They may have hard-shells too, I'm not sure. It's definitely worth it to give them a call.

http://www.hikingshack.com/

Return to “Boat, Canoe, Kayak, etc...”