Start Date 2018-11-30

# of days 4

writelots
Wendipelli
City, State: Tucson, AZ

AZT Passage 17a Annual Maintenance Event

Post by writelots » Nov 05 2018 11:13 am

I subtitle this one "Catclaw Revenge"

The Alamo Canyon Passage is classic Sonoran desert - rugged, remote and beautiful. Join the passage steward (me!), the Arizona Backpacking Club, in their mission to maintain this as one of the premier passages of the Arizona National Scenic Trail. This is a multi-day backcountry event - perfect for those looking for a challenge. HAZers are always GREAT help on these events! :y:

Our goals for the weekend:
  • Hike/Drive into the northern edge of our passage - about 11.5 miles from the Picketpost Trailhead. We hope to have support from either a 4wd club or an equestrian group to assist with gear and water.
    Grub out mesquite and catclaw and all other spiny plants which have grown over the trail. (You know you want revenge!)
    Check on water sources
    Clear any problems with trail tread or identify areas for further work in future trips.
Volunteers will be rewarded with a hearty dinner cooked by the event host on Saturday night and a cooler of icy beverages available for your enjoyment.

Please RSVP on the ATA's new Volunteer system here: http://volunteer.aztrail.org/need/detai ... _id=371812.
-----------------------------------
It troubles me that these days no matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up
- Lilly Tomlin

Merianne
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Tucson

Re: AZT Passage 17a Annual Maintenance Event

Post by Merianne » Nov 05 2018 11:00 pm

@writelots
Good job recruiting, I just signed up. I work the 30th, but I'll finagle my way out of that!

tibber
Huckleberry Picapelli
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: AZT Passage 17a Annual Maintenance Event

Post by tibber » Nov 24 2018 5:41 pm

I have to bow out, last year it was a re-injured back... this time, it's Passage 15 blisters. Sorry. Would like to have met you Merianne
Last edited by tibber on Nov 24 2018 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For me, sometimes it's just as much about the journey as the destination.
Oh, and once in awhile, don't forget to look back at the trail you've traveled.

Return to “Hiking Events”