Linked Guides none
Type Standard Hike, Climb, etc

Start Dateorganizer has not set a date

# of days 1

patches
City, State: Sun City, AZ

Short Hikes?

Post by patches » Mar 31 2002 6:54 am

Hi! I'm new to Hike Arizona, but I have been hiking for years. I live in Peoria so Thunderbird Park is fairly close to me. I work Monday-Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and like to take off after work to do a short (approx. 4 miles) hike around Thunderbird Park, before I go home. I don't get a chance to do this every day, but I go when I can. Would anyone care to join me? I can be there around 3:30. Annie

evenstarx3
City, State: Sun City West, AZ from CA

Post by evenstarx3 » Mar 31 2002 9:20 am

Id' be interested. PM on the way.
Hooli, aka Trihairopelli
http://members.tripod.com/~evenstar/
http://www.arizonahikers.com/
"They say the dog is man's best friend.
I don't believe that. How many of your friends have you neutered?"
--Larry Reeb

no avatar
spodumene
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

short hikes

Post by spodumene » Mar 31 2002 3:27 pm

I work from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm and would like to join you. I'm not sure where Thunderbird Park is located. I work near Cave Creek Rd and Thunderbird/Cactus Rds. How do I get to the park from there?

Cakewalk
City, State: Glendale, AZ

Post by Cakewalk » Mar 31 2002 9:48 pm

Thunderbird park is in Glendale. Take the 101 to 59th ave and go north - past a few stoplights... Left turn as the road takes a sharp turn to the right.

Its also my stomping grounds as I live 3 miles from there.

I usually go in the mornings before work, but Im off on mondays and would be open to an afternoon hike.
< Insert Witty Remark here >

patches

Post by patches » Apr 01 2002 5:53 am

Thanks for the directions - I talked to her last night and told her the same directions - I was glad to see I gave her the correct directions! She will be there at 3:30 today also. Could be hot, but I think it will be fun! Annie

no avatar
spodumene

short hikes

Post by spodumene » Apr 03 2002 5:38 pm

Yes, thank you both for the directions. I didn't make it on Monday, but I found the park this afternoon. However, I didn't find Patches. Maybe one of these days we'll time it right. Maybe we could all meet early Saturday or Sunday morning, hike and then go out for breakfast. Sound like a good idea? Let me know by Friday.

patches

Sorry

Post by patches » Apr 04 2002 4:54 am

Sorry I missed you - I was there - The little silver Ford Focus! Can't go on Sat or Sun - prior committments. Did you enjoy the hike? Maybe we can get together next week. Annie

no avatar
spodumene

Let's schedule a time

Post by spodumene » Apr 04 2002 3:18 pm

I saw your car, but not you. I was waiting in the shade under a ramada. I didn't do the hike. I left my hiking clothes, etc. in my pack, and forgot to take it with me when I left for work yesterday morning. I drove out there mainly to find the park, and meet you in person. So, let's make a point of scheduling a day and time. Talk to you later . . . Spodumene.

Return to “Hiking Events”