Linked Guides none
Type Standard Hike, Climb, etc

Start Dateorganizer has not set a date

# of days 1

ASweethot
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Suuggestions for Saturday Hike

Post by ASweethot » Apr 18 2002 2:58 pm

Hi everyone. I am looking for a good hike, not TOO difficult, for this Saturday. (Kids are away and mom wants to do something a bit more challenging, as well as different.) I don't mind driving a few hours to get there, but am fairly new to the world of AZ hiking and not sure of all the best places. Also, anyone looking for an afternoon hiking partner here in the valley, let me know.

evenstarx3
City, State: Sun City West, AZ from CA

Post by evenstarx3 » Apr 18 2002 3:36 pm

Click on the small map of Arizona just to the left of :HikeArizona.com' above and check on the Sedona area. Any number of hikes in that area you might have fun doing. Boynton Canyon comes to mind.
Hooli, aka Trihairopelli
http://members.tripod.com/~evenstar/
http://www.arizonahikers.com/
"They say the dog is man's best friend.
I don't believe that. How many of your friends have you neutered?"
--Larry Reeb

Snick33
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Saturday Hike

Post by Snick33 » Apr 18 2002 5:57 pm

South Deer Creek,it's still my favorite hike and not to far from the city. At the intersection of the Beeline, (87) and 188 you will find the Deer Creek trail head. Follow the signs to the South Fork of the Deer Creek trail and follow it 2.5 miles to the old stone cabin. This is a perfect place to stop for lunch or just to rest. You get a wonderful view of the Mazatzals and the wildlife is spectacular, including Javilina, Mule Deer and Elk. Comeback the same way and you will have had a perfect 5 mile hike. The trailhead is right off 87 and there is lots of good parking.
Mother nature seems to like humans, and not just because they taste like chicken

Return to “Hiking Events”