Linked Guides none
Type Standard Hike, Climb, etc

Start Dateorganizer has not set a date

# of days 1

deserttarheel
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

April 3 days

Post by deserttarheel »

Due to an unexpected outbreak of reasonableness and decency, I seem to have free Fridays every w/e in April, plus Mon. 4/23. I plan to do a series of 3 day backpacks (or even 4 days on 4/20-4/23), probably in the Supes and Santa Catalinas although i am flexible. I was thinking maybe: Dripping Springs/Red Tanks loop, across the Cats to Romero Canyon via Bridalveil Falls or maybe Hutch's Pool, Reavis/Circlestone in the E Supes, Douglas Springs to Manning Camp and back in the Rincons (or maybe out Tanque Verde or on over to Rincon Peak and out Miller Canyon). Maybe something in the Arrastra Mountain Wilderness. Lower elevations first. Suggestions welcome (especially if you plan to go), but I don't want to drive too far or sleep too cold.
Molon Labe ("Come and get them.")
te_wa
City, State: Mesa

Post by te_wa »

uh huh huh
uh huh huh huh
uh huh uh

he said 4/20

yeah yeah 4/20

:lol: :lol: :lol:
squirrel!
Hoffmaster
City, State: Canton, OH

Post by Hoffmaster »

In response to mikeinFHAZ's reply:
How many people got that? That is too funny!
"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals; I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown
bakpackin1
City, State: Glendale, AZ

Post by bakpackin1 »

Me and my buddy were thinkinga bout doing a trip out to the supes on 4/20 weekend. Should be lots of fun :wink:

Thats alot of hiking for one month! Have fun
hikeaz
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by hikeaz »

Matt Hoffman wrote:In response to mikeinFHAZ's reply:
How many people got that? That is too funny!
Me, for one. Image
"The censorship method ... is that of handing the job over to some frail and erring mortal man, and making him omnipotent on the assumption that his official status will make him infallible and omniscient."
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
te_wa
City, State: Mesa

Post by te_wa »

I have a couple o' Mondays off in April, can possibly swing a 3 day. Are we talking 25-30 miles?
Your choices are great by the way, and have you seen the Highline trail?
Reavis/Fireline/Campaign is one I wanted to do, with a side trip to Circlestone.
squirrel!
Hakatai
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Post by Hakatai »

I am interested in going up to the Rincons or Catalinas and am available the last three weekends of April. Have done Douglas Spring, Manning Camp and Happy Valley Saddle as overnighters already this season. The Superstitions may be a little hot for my taste by now, but never say never. I think it would be cool to hike with somebody other than my usual cohorts. Let me know.
wallyfrack
City, State: AZ

Re: April 3 days

Post by wallyfrack »

I don't know that I can do every day but I could do a few that weekend.

Return to “Hiking Events”