Linked Guide  • Rogers Canyon Ruins, AZ
Type Standard Hike, Climb, etc

Start Dateorganizer has not set a date

# of days 1

te_wa
City, State: Mesa

Rogers Canyon "hidden" cliff dwellings March 31

Post by te_wa »

if you've seen the cliff dwellings in Rogers Canyon you are probably curious about there being another well preserved (OK, amazingly preserved) dwelling very close-by and unseen by 99% of hikers. I would like to lead a group of adventurers into Rogers Canyon with an overnight stay at Angel Basin in a quiet tree covered campsite, with exploration of this dwelling to follow lunch. Please be advised that it will include an exposed scramble of 200' above the canyon floor. I am not going to disclose the location on the web, so dont ask where it is if youre not coming with us. Thats how it has to be to keep (in my opinion) a bunch of yokels out of the dwelling. : rambo :

I'll once again be bringing my buddy Jack, and his fat little friend Ribeye. C'mon!
squirrel!
Hoffmaster
City, State: Canton, OH

Post by Hoffmaster »

Mike,

I hate when people do this, but I'm posting to tell you that I can't make it. Got family in town this weekend and too many plans already.

Dude, your friend Jack is great company. He's always invited...I might even take him to Paria!
"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals; I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown
PaleoRob
City, State: Grand Junction, CO

Post by PaleoRob »

Man, seems like Jack keeps hanging out over at my place all the time, can't hardly seem to get him to leave.
"The only thing we did was wrong was staying in the wilderness to long...the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight..."
-Old Spiritual
My book, The Marauders on Lulu and Amazon
whereveriroam
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ

Post by whereveriroam »

I've heard about there being an upper ruin, sounds interesting. I'm pretty sure I can make it if this trip is still on.
te_wa

Post by te_wa »

good to have you on board Ed.
squirrel!
Hakatai
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Post by Hakatai »

My wife and I would like to go. We visited the well known ruin in November on a West Pinto to Peralta hike.
Will there be a carpool or meet at the TH? My guess is we would go in Rogers' Trough. Please elaborate on the logistics so we can figure out when we need to leave Tucson. Thanks.
te_wa

logistics

Post by te_wa »

ok, so it looks like Im not the only one going!
as far as carpooling, I can ride-share with others from the Carls Jr. at Gilbert Rd. and the Superstition frwy. (us 60)
Coming from Tookson you guys will be driving up Florence Junction Im guessing...So YOU are Mr. Pakak-I remember that trip report.

I'll be at the Rogers Trough t.h. at 8am on Saturday, I have 4x4 if needed-ya never know it could rain [-o<
There is a good shaded campsite across the creek in Angel Basin and we should be in good shape for water, Im going to check water status as the day draws near. Glad you all could join me.
squirrel!
Hakatai

Post by Hakatai »

Pakak and I will be at the TH by 8 as well. We have a stock Cherokee, so if the road is any rougher than the road to Tortilla TH we will be on foot the last bit. Can't wait.
whereveriroam

Post by whereveriroam »

Hey Mike I can meet you at the Carl's Jr. by Gilbert/60. Can you be more specific as to what side of the highway it's located? If we are to meet others at the TH at 8AM then what time should we meet, 6-6:30ish?
te_wa

Post by te_wa »

good deal, heres more info:
Carls Jr is ON Gilbert Rd. a block north of the US60 frwy- North West side. There is a small traffic light at Carls but Im not sure the name of that road. You cant miss it.
I'll be there at 6:30
its been safe for overnight parking in the past.
squirrel!
Hoffmaster
City, State: Canton, OH

Post by Hoffmaster »

The road one block north of the 60 is probably Hampton.
"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals; I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown
whereveriroam

Post by whereveriroam »

Thanks, see you then.
whereveriroam

Post by whereveriroam »

:?:
Hakatai

Post by Hakatai »

Thanks for a great trip evryone.