Type Standard Hike, Climb, etc

Start Dateorganizer has not set a date

# of days 1

BellaVista888
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Havasu Falls Backpacking

Post by BellaVista888 » Jul 08 2009 9:51 am

Trip is now full!

Our group is looking for up to 5 more people to hike to Havasu Falls. August 5-9, 2009.
The only problem is we have to know if you would like to go by Friday morning! Cost
is $595 and includes food and a guide.

Itinerary is as follows:
Our group will meet at the Haulapai Lodge in Peach Springs, Arizona on 5 pm on
Wednesday, August 5. After a brief orientation we'll eat dinner at the lodge
restaurant. Early the next morning we'll drive to the trailhead. Starting from the south
rim of the Grand Canyon, we'll descend 8 miles to the village of Supai. From there it's
another 2 miles further down to the base of Havasu Falls where we'll camp for the
next three nights. Swimming, day hikes and group activities will make up our time in
the canyon. We'll begin our hike out early on the morning of August 9 and should be
back at the trailhead before noon.
Last edited by BellaVista888 on Jul 08 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

base871
City, State: Tempe

Re: Havasu Falls Backpacking

Post by base871 » Jul 08 2009 10:33 am

$600 bucks to go to Havasupai? Im in the wrong line of work! Im going This friday actually. For about 150 dollars.
"The Edge. There really is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

BellaVista888
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Re: Havasu Falls Backpacking

Post by BellaVista888 » Jul 08 2009 10:43 am

That $600 includes all our food, permits, lodging at Peach Springs the night before the hike and a guide. Plus we get mule to take the heavy stuff:) This is my vacation and I don't want to cook, thus the guide! I want my energy for hiking around the canyon instead of lugging my gear. So, yes it's a little bit more, but worth it.

Return to “Hiking Events”