Linked Guides none
Type Standard Hike, Climb, etc

Start Dateorganizer has not set a date

# of days 1

pickelltree
City, State: alexandra, egypt

Fall Break in Yellowstone Oot 10-17

Post by pickelltree »

this is my second year traveling to yellowstone for fall break. the last time was amazing, i posted some pictures if you want to see them on this sight (heart lake loop). but i am heading back. i usually fly to salt lake and rent a car. last year there was some snow on the ground, but that just made it more fun with less people around. my plans are to do some day hikes and then depending on the weather do a 2 or 3 day backpacking trip. i am still working out the details.

if this sounds tempting i would enjoy the company. also any suggestions are welcome for the area. last year i hiked fairy falls, heart lake loop and one more north of yellowstone lake.
Crocodile Ryan
City, State: Tempe, Az

Re: Fall Break in Yellowstone Oot 10-17

Post by Crocodile Ryan »

man you are one lucky guy to have the time to head up there at that time of the year, last years pics look amazing!

Dunno if you only interested in day hikes, but a loop around shoshone lake is a great trip, and the geyser basin in the backcountry there is really cool, and there are some pretty nice hot springs that dump into the river/creek that feel great!
An adventure is merely an inconvience rightly considered
rally_toad
City, State: CA

Post by rally_toad »

ugh... if only ASU gave us a fall break ](*,)
"Who are you guys??!!" -Farnsworth
pickelltree

Post by pickelltree »

i believe i am going to try and hit up the tetons on the way back for a couple days.
pickelltree

Post by pickelltree »

i am flying into billing, mt and driving to the tower area where i plan to go up sloan creek and loop back down hellroaring creek. this is a 45 or so mile trip, maybe 4 to 5 days depending on weather. i am still deciding on other trails to fill the week, there is just so many choice.

Return to “Hiking Events”