Start Date 2012-06-26

# of days 1

Hippy
City, State: Grand Canyon

Havasupai Backpacking Trip 2.0!

Post by Hippy » Dec 01 2011 8:43 am

DATES ARE SET IN STONE FOR

TUESDAY JUNE 26th - FRIDAY JUNE 29th 2012

Because once in a lifetime isn't enough. This is open and recommended to all! If you have never been, this is the trip to get in shape for. It's a 14 mile hike downhill to the campground and small Indian town of Supai (the last remaining place in the US that receives it's mail via mule/horse).

Once established we will be swimming, hiking and exploring the canyon for four days and three nights.

The cost per person for camping will be around $100, plus any gear or food (you must provide yourself).
For the less adventurous the Havasupai tribe does offer to carry your gear via mule (find the details on the their website).
Once a guest list is established a carpool will be organized. If you are at all interested look at some photos via google(or my triplog from June 2011), it will quickly solidify your decision.
This is organized with the intention of sharing the experience with friends.
-Hiking/swimming/exploring Beaver Falls, Navajo Falls, Havasu Falls, and Mooney Falls.
-Possibly exploring underwater caves along the river.
-Hiking to the Grand Canyon via the river (10 mile day hike).

<<Hiking From Campground to Colorado River is 8.5 Miles One Way. Per Supai Website>>

-Exploring a part of the canyon that a majority of guest never get to see.

FYI-Prior to attending this trip there will be a few day hikes to help evaluate the groups flow and fitness level. Also to make it easier we will make extra reservations (due to some people not getting through last time). If you want us to make your reservation, please be advised that your portion of the tribe's camping fees will be due ahead of time (date-TBA).

Hike Details- http://hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=58
All details about Supai can be found on http://www.havasupaitribe.com/index.html .

This Trip Is being Coordinated by HippyHaley & Vincent1987
You can also find us (and the event of the same name) on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/hippystyle
(msg me here or there with any questions)

** Each person wanting to come along is responsible for making her or his own reservation(s) and having their camping fees on hand before the carpool/caravan leaves the meeting place (ATMS are available in citys we drive through but please be prepared beforehand). **

:y:
Last edited by Hippy on Feb 01 2012 10:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

quadman
City, State: scottsdale,az

Re: Havasupai Backpacking Trip 2.0!

Post by quadman » Mar 11 2013 2:43 am

Hello, Do you know if you can get cell phone reception at the Havasupai Hilltop parking lot and in Supai? I'm going to hike there in April. Any info would help. Thanks for help in this matter.

Hippy

Post by Hippy » Mar 11 2013 1:39 pm

@quadman Hello oddly enough yes, depending on your cell service provider you may have reception. My friend had verizon and was able to call the others in our group while we were still in the parking lot on the Hilltop, also one friend who has tmobile was able to send a photo to facebook while at a high point near Navajo falls. None of us had signal in the village or farther down, not that it matters, if you're on your phone in the canyon you should probably go back to the city. :D
I would not have lives depending on cell service but if you have fancy schmancy smart phones and a great provider you might have signal. Have fun!

:welcome:

quadman
City, State: scottsdale,az

Post by quadman » Mar 13 2013 9:57 am

Thanks for the info...

squatpuke
City, State: Flagstaff, AZ

Post by squatpuke » Mar 28 2013 1:08 pm

3.0 ? ? ?

Hippy

Post by Hippy » Mar 28 2013 6:07 pm

yeeeaaaahhh....sorry, I got it confused with Cape Solitude 2.0 :sl:

base871
City, State: Tempe

Post by base871 » Mar 30 2013 8:10 pm

You can get a text message down at the campground. Not enough power to make a call though. Noticed this on my sprint and tmobile. Strange because I can drop a call with sprint in the middle of phoenix, but have great reception in middle of nowhere arizona.

I even got a call from a phoenix to vegas flight once.

But dont count on service there.
"The Edge. There really is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

Return to “Hiking Events”