3 Days in "Paradise" with The Hippy

Find & Add Hiking Events!

Moderators: HAZ Group Coordinators, HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides  • Reavis Ranch via 109 North, AZ  • Circlestone, AZ  • Mound Mountain Peak, AZ
Type Standard Hike, Climb, etc

Start Date 2012-11-09

# of days 3

Hippy
City, State: Grand Canyon

3 Days in "Paradise" with The Hippy

Post by Hippy » Sep 09 2012 2:51 pm

November 9/10/11 2012 (Fri/Sat/Sun)

I'll be leading a troupe into the Supes for 3 days of fun, hiking, exploring (and cartwheels, can't forget the cartwheels!) So of course everyone is welcome and encouraged to join us.

Day 1 (friday)
Roughly 2 1/2 hour drive from Peoria (where I live) so we'll plan on a 4am depart from home for an early start.
Depending on who all will join us I may opt to leave the night before (because I love night hiking : rambo : ) but we'll take a vote.

We will begin at Reavis Trailhead (Reavis Ranch Via North #109) it's roughly a 9 mile hike to Reavis Ranch, there we will set up base camp

Day 2 (saturday)
From our base camp at Reavis Ranch we will head out to visit Circlestone and finish it up with a group bagging of Mound Mountain's peak at 6,266 feet. Shouldn't take the entire day to do this but we'll use the entire day to explore.

Day 3 (sunday)
Lazy morning of exploring the area followed by the 9 mile hike back to the vehicle(s) at Reavis Trailhead and home in time for supper!

3 days in the Supes, doesn't get any better than this....well, unless you're Elisha Reavis a century or so ago... :D

outdoor_lover
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Re: 3 Days in "Paradise" with The Hippy

Post by outdoor_lover » Oct 24 2012 11:22 am

@chumley
:sl: WooHoo!!! Maybe I should rethink this Trip..... :sl:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

Hippy

Post by Hippy » Oct 24 2012 11:51 am

Maybe *I* should rethink this trip! :lol:

SuperstitionGuy
City, State: Queen Creek, Arizona

Post by SuperstitionGuy » Oct 25 2012 6:39 am

HippyHaley wrote:oh goodness. what are we getting ourselves in to
http://hikearizona.com/photo.php?ZIP=53697 :scared:
A man's body may grow old, but inside his spirit can still be as young and restless as ever.
- Garth McCann from the movie Second Hand Lions

Another victim of Pixel Trivia.

Current avatar courtesy of Snakemarks

Hippy

Post by Hippy » Oct 25 2012 7:17 am

Thanks SG :sl: i feel better now ...although if chumley brings the whole liquor aisle... :scared: :stretch: :D

chumley
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by chumley » Oct 25 2012 9:04 am

squatpuke wrote:@Oregon Hiker Or with his super-accurate iPhone GPS, rain down a helicopter drop at a precise location 5 miles prior....

Chumley...is vodka on the menu again? I think I'm ready to expand my alcohol resume...
If 11+ are going, you're going to need a mule train just to haul the booze...maybe two trains since John is going...
There seems to be some kind of theme of inference going on here so I need to make sure to clarify. I will be carrying some libations for me to enjoy on this trip. I may be willing to participate in some kind of social barter around the campfire, but I will not be air-dropping kegs of pumpkin porter or carrying more liquid weight than for my own personal consumption. You're all on your own! Sorry to disappoint.

I will however, gladly fry up a few strips of bacon in the morning for the veggies. Bacon goes great with everything. Even prunes.
Profound observer

wallyfrack
City, State: AZ

Post by wallyfrack » Oct 25 2012 1:01 pm

The first Trans Supes backpack hosted by Tewa was 5 years ago now. Nov 2-5, 2007. The libations at Reavis Ranch were flowing on the first night.
A few of the more interesting details were one HAZ member found a leftover partial bottle of Canadian Mist in an old cooler and drank it. :yuck:
I brought a fifth of the Captain and another current member drank half of it (along with some Serbian spirits) and barely made it into his borrowed tent.
A 3rd person had a water leak and spent the wee hours drying his tidy whities over the fire after most had fallen asleep. The 3rd guy is signed up
for this trip. Good times. ;)

chumley

Post by chumley » Oct 25 2012 2:07 pm

wallyfrack wrote:another current member drank half of it (along with some Serbian spirits) and barely made it into his borrowed tent.
It must have been a bye week to get him away on a Sunday in November? :-k
Edit: It was a MNF game vs. Baltimore. I bet you were back just in time!
Profound observer

Tough_Boots
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Tough_Boots » Oct 25 2012 5:43 pm

I drunkenly fell into a fire ring at Reavis Ranch the first time I camped there-- it's not happening again :o
"there is no love where there is no bramble."
--bill callahan

Hippy

Post by Hippy » Oct 25 2012 6:44 pm

Bacon and prunes hmmm leave the veggies to fend for themselves chumley ;)
So kyle have you figured out if you can join us yet? I'm sure someone will fall in the fire either way. Hippies fire and alcohol dont mix :scared:

ultrazona

Post by ultrazona » Oct 25 2012 7:24 pm

So what does the carpool situation look like. Who is driving who and who has room for more?
ultrazona.com

Espi

Post by Espi » Oct 25 2012 8:34 pm

I won't be able to make it that weekend... but I am thinking of heading out there tomorrow morning.

Is there anything you all would like me to check on to make your trip a bit more enjoyable?

outdoor_lover

Post by outdoor_lover » Oct 25 2012 8:52 pm

@Espi
Careful what you ask. You'll be caching the Keg for them if you're not careful!!! :o :sweat:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

Hippy

Post by Hippy » Oct 25 2012 9:22 pm

Read my mind :D

Espi

Post by Espi » Oct 25 2012 9:22 pm

Outdoor Lover wrote:@Espi
Careful what you ask. You'll be caching the Keg for them if you're not careful!!! :o :sweat:
Heh.. I am thinking of "stashing" some homebrew for someone to find.. I just don't know how it would last for two weeks before they get there.

I have some really good oaked moonshine that I "may have made".... Betcha a six pack of craft cans would be ok. I just worry about someone not finding them and it being litter.

I rekkon if I leave a nalgene with said moonshine or craft cans and I go back to gather them up later if no one finds them it will be good? right?

outdoor_lover

Post by outdoor_lover » Oct 25 2012 9:42 pm

Espi wrote:I rekkon if I leave a nalgene with said moonshine or craft cans and I go back to gather them up later if no one finds them it will be good? right?
Well it would give you a good excuse to go back. :D Either that, or if they don't find them, you may have a handful of drunk squirrels falling out of the trees.... :D

Tough_Boots

Post by Tough_Boots » Oct 25 2012 9:50 pm

HippyHaley wrote:So kyle have you figured out if you can join us yet?
I should hopefully know tomorrow. I got the time off work and am now bugging my dog-sitter about it. :D
"there is no love where there is no bramble."
--bill callahan

Espi

Post by Espi » Oct 25 2012 9:55 pm

Outdoor Lover wrote: Well it would give you a good excuse to go back. :D Either that, or if they don't find them, you may have a handful of drunk squirrels falling out of the trees.... :D
A handfull? More than one te-wa? Oh no.. that guy and I are like an hour away of enjoying a pint together at all times.

hmm I will think of something.

Espi

Post by Espi » Oct 25 2012 10:02 pm

On a serious note.. I am heading out early tomorrow and will be back Sunday.. I will post up as much info/pics as I can to make your group trip a bit more enjoyable.

chumley

Post by chumley » Oct 25 2012 10:54 pm

Also on a serious note: mark the exact coordinates of your moonshine cache. We can find it. Plus I've never tried any of your homebrews and this would be the perfect weekend for it! :)
Profound observer

Espi

Post by Espi » Oct 25 2012 11:24 pm

chumley wrote:Also on a serious note: mark the exact coordinates of your moonshine cache. We can find it. Plus I've never tried any of your homebrews and this would be the perfect weekend for it! :)
I NEED to get out THIS weekend.. I don't think that me stashing homebrew under a tree to sit for a few weeks is the best way to serve it.

I have a golf/work deal that saturday morning that I need to attend. I may just show up at sunset on saturday with reinforcements.

I have already gathered some bits and have added them to the pack. I will do my best sir... and will keep you all updated.

I promise a bit of a surprise and a bit of a challenge...

Return to “Hiking Events”