Linked Guides none
Type Standard Hike, Climb, etc

Start Dateorganizer has not set a date

# of days 1

Barrett
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Hike Arizona Tough Mudder Team

Post by Barrett » Nov 11 2012 6:23 pm

I'm planning on doing the 2013 Tough Mudder (my first), and thought it would be cool to have a Hike AZ team (there are discounts!). I'm an ACE certified personal trainer, but have never trained for this type of event. Is anyone interested? Has anyone done one of these before?
The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar.
It was tense.

pixelfrog
City, State: Chandler, AZ

Re: Hike Arizona Tough Mudder Team

Post by pixelfrog » Feb 26 2013 2:24 pm

I loved Walk the Plank and Arctic Enema as well, reminds me of canyoneering through the WCC.

allanalxndr
City, State: Phx, AZ

Post by allanalxndr » Feb 27 2013 7:30 pm

I thought this years was alot harder than last year. I really liked all of the organizational changes that they did. No delays on the obstacles and the parking was a million times better.
Our team of 5 finished in 3.5hrs. Electric eel was hitting hard this year but the electroshock therapy was weaker. Finished all obstacles but fell on the Hanging Tough.

Gotta hand it to the Sunday runners, that weather would have been brutal. Saturday was beautiful.
Now... Am I crazy enough to do this a 3rd time?

Barrett
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Barrett » Mar 02 2013 6:58 am

Kudos to my team members for overcoming fear and hypothermia to cross that finish line together. I had a great time and can't wait for next year. It's like Ironman meets Burning Man - very cool.
I did "hit" every obstacle (it's just that some hit back!). I only got a few rungs into Funky Monkey and realized I had absolutely no chance of making it, so I climbed back and went around rather than fall in the water yet again. I was so cold at that point it was ridiculous. I really felt like I had a chance on Hangin' Tough, until I hit a particularly slippery ring and went for a swim. Next year I'll wear gear that insulates better when wet, and train for that Monkey a little harder and a little smarter.
Team HAZMud? The Dukes of HAZzard? HAZzed and Confused?
The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar.
It was tense.

Hippy
City, State: Grand Canyon

Post by Hippy » Mar 02 2013 2:53 pm

@allanalxndr Third times a charm!! It wil lbe my third time next year, as soon as registration for 2014 opens up I plan on posting an event for all us crazies to form a team together, i need a third head band and shirt!! :D

I did also enjoy how much more organized it was this year, and the obstacles were a blast. i wish i'd manned it up to jump the fire but my thighs were cramping up from the cold :( NEXT YEAR!!!

@Barrett
hey i got some photos up on my facebook, i'm gonna try to put some of the better ones sync'd to my triplog on here when i get time for ya.
I need to figure out how to deal with the cold...time to start swimming more i think oh and cold showers!

Dukes of HAZzard :lol:
Couple of HAZ Beens...
Health HAZards
:doh:

Return to “Hiking Events”