Linked Guide  • Mount Etna - Sicily, WW
Type Standard Hike, Climb, etc

Start Date 2015-07-07

# of days 1

RickVincent
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Mt Etna, Sicily

Post by RickVincent »

Flying into Palermo, Sicily on July 2, then driving to the east coast of the island on the 6th. Climb the volcano on the 7th. If you'll be in the area, come on out. :D
This is my gym. I have to travel down a bumpy road to get there. There are no treadmillls, no machines, and no personal trainers. I walk..I run..I breathe the fresh air. I can go any time I want, as much as I want and there is no membership fee.
chumley
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Re: Mt Etna, Sicily

Post by chumley »

Wow Rick. You just launched yourself up about 19 spots in the HAZ shameless attention seeker category. ;)

Uh, I think that came out wrong. I meant to say ... that's looks awesome! :y: I hope you have a great time! Can't wait to see the photos. Which better include some HAZ Food and not just shots of volcanoes and the Mediterranean! :M2C:
Championing breakfast since 1994.
RickVincent

Post by RickVincent »

Ha ha...why wait for the photoset to boast....I mean post. You never know, someone might just "be in the area."
This is my gym. I have to travel down a bumpy road to get there. There are no treadmillls, no machines, and no personal trainers. I walk..I run..I breathe the fresh air. I can go any time I want, as much as I want and there is no membership fee.
Jim_H
City, State: University

Post by Jim_H »

Did someone say Bees in the area?
"Mmmm, Yes I would, Kent". [ youtube video ]
AZLumberjack
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ.

Post by AZLumberjack »

Sounds like an awesome opportunity to see some spactular country..... remember to bring a fireproof umbrella..... just in case :)
On every trip into the Superstitions, I find another Gold Mine. Today the mine was filled with Memories. I can not wait for the next trip.
John9L
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by John9L »

chumley wrote:Wow Rick. You just launched yourself up about 19 spots in the HAZ shameless attention seeker category
Don't worry Rick you're still 100 spots behind Chumley :STP:

It does sound like an amazing trip good luck!
outdoor_lover
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by outdoor_lover »

Make sure you Link your Photoset with the New Description... :D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"
RickVincent

Post by RickVincent »

Nice call Pam. I will write a full description as well.
DarthStiller

Post by DarthStiller »

And don't forget to take your Terrible Towel
RickVincent

Post by RickVincent »

Just added that to my gear list. Go Stillers!
RickVincent

Post by RickVincent »

Incredible performance by Mt Etna this week.
http://abcnews.go.com/...

Return to “Hiking Events”