Linked Guides none
Type Standard Hike, Climb, etc

Start Dateorganizer has not set a date

# of days 1

JasonCleghorn
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Anyone up for a 6-11-16 Flagstaff trip

Post by JasonCleghorn » Jun 05 2016 11:23 am

We'd leave N. Phoenix about 5 AM arriving in Flag about 7:30 A.M. Choice of Elden, or over to Bill Williams Mtn. etc. Guest's choice...

I could be talked into a Friday drive up and car (actual car as my wife and kids have my SUV on vacation in FL) camp as well although Friday's weather doesn't look great.
Follow me on Instagram: hikingjason
"It's not the mountains that we conquer, but ourselves"
"HAZ is not a meet-up group. Unless you're in the IN group, then its a meet-up group"

JasonCleghorn

Re: Anyone up for a 6-11-16 Flagstaff trip

Post by JasonCleghorn » Jun 09 2016 4:09 pm

trekkin_gecko wrote:haz is a fantastic source of information and ideas
it's not a meetup group
Kelly, I have nothing against you at all, but I think some people are missing my point. I know that HAZ is not a meetup group. I'm just asking people to be a little more willing to get outside of their box and maybe, just occasionally be interested in hiking with others that aren't already inside their 'group'. That's all.

Honestly, in the interest of full disclosure, my thoughts on this aren't even anger, but a little bit of sadness, etc.

Uber cliche, but it is what it is.
"HAZ is not a meet-up group. Unless you're in the IN group, then its a meet-up group"

Jim_H

Post by Jim_H » Jun 09 2016 4:54 pm

Personally, 5 AM is too early for many, and it is still cold in Flag if you get there at 7 AM. Also, I expect to work this weekend. Otherwise, I could have been interested in a ride share to Flag for Humphrey Summit #98.
Society's constraints are stifling! The only way to hike is fully nude!

CannondaleKid
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Post by CannondaleKid » Jun 09 2016 5:10 pm

And some of us are simply anti-social by choice. :whistle:
CannondaleKid

Tough_Boots

Post by Tough_Boots » Jun 09 2016 6:19 pm

@JasonCleghorn

I kinda see where you're coming from but then I look at my own experience. I've annoyed everyone on this site, gotten numerous forums locked, and have generally been a pest since I became active here and I still have had 59 unique HAZ hiking partners (61 if you count --- and ~~~ ;) ). Just keep at it, man. If you want to post hiking events, I suggest listing very specific plans with a specific hike that you know people want to do. Otherwise your post will sound more like: "Hey guys-- come hang out with me".-- and that's scary to a bunch of anti-social hikers. Post a Humphreys event in July-- someone's gonna want to carpool up to Flag.
"there is no love where there is no bramble."
--bill callahan

JasonCleghorn

Post by JasonCleghorn » Jun 09 2016 6:25 pm

Tough_Boots wrote:@JasonCleghorn

I kinda see where you're coming from but then I look at my own experience. I've annoyed everyone on this site, gotten numerous forums locked, and have generally been a pest since I became active here and I still have had 59 unique HAZ hiking partners (61 if you count --- and ~~~ ;) ). Just keep at it, man. If you want to post hiking events, I suggest listing very specific plans with a specific hike that you know people want to do. Otherwise your post will sound more like: "Hey guys-- come hang out with me".-- and that's scary to a bunch of anti-social hikers. Post a Humphreys event in July-- someone's gonna want to carpool up to Flag.
Thanks for the encouragement, but as I said, nah, I'm permanently out of the Event Planning bidness.

And people are really this anti-social, I just am incredulous. And I think its kind of comical that I'm sort of the bad guy in this thread for asking people to find willingness to hike with new people 1 hiking day out of 150 hikes per year, etc. That's the comedy of it.

I'm just going to continue to do my thing, buy my own gas, go my own way.

big_load
City, State: Andover, NJ

Post by big_load » Jun 09 2016 6:43 pm

I've enjoyed every hiking with every HAZ member who has shared the trail with me. I don't always get much serious interest in my posted events, but I chalk it up mainly to my posting events with just a date and general area, rather than a specific destination, combined with my free time not aligning well with most others. That's about the extent to which I even think about it. People can join or not, but I'll have fun either way.

rcorfman

Post by rcorfman » Jun 09 2016 8:23 pm

I think everybody was more interested in going to the REI garage sale Saturday rather than hiking, but what do I know?
Go find a LonelyCache

nikorock28
City, State: Kingman, AZ

Post by nikorock28 » Jun 09 2016 8:54 pm

I saw this thread and was interested in the event until I saw the start time, which immediately put the kabash on the consideration of attending. Historically, it seems that the vast majority of posted events have garnered very little to no interest, with the exception of some here and there. For example, PeterMedal recently posted a series of events in the prescott area, but had very little interest. I mean, it is what it is. OP, have you attended one of the many events that have been posted since you have joined this site?

JasonCleghorn

Post by JasonCleghorn » Jun 09 2016 8:58 pm

nikorock28 wrote:I saw this thread and was interested in the event until I saw the start time, which immediately put the kabash on the consideration of attending. Historically, it seems that the vast majority of posted events have garnered very little to no interest, with the exception of some here and there. For example, PeterMedal recently posted a series of events in the prescott area, but had very little interest. I mean, it is what it is. OP, have you attended one of the many events that have been posted since you have joined this site?
Yes. Its summer time, and I'm not leaving to go hike at 10 AM even to Flagstaff.

As I said, I'll keep doing my own thing.

joebartels

Post by joebartels » Jun 09 2016 9:50 pm

Subtle hints of no hike have surfaced. A landslide of interest fell woo to irreconcilable differences. Despite making sense, Kyle posted so this thread is locked.

In all seriousness the site is primarily...
descriptions, gps routes, photosets & triplogs

Over the years other stuff has been added on request. Which in hindsight may be slightly misleading for anyone that hasn't viewed daily for nearly twenty years.
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

Return to “Hiking Events”