Moderators: HAZ Group Coordinators, HAZ - Moderators

Type Standard Hike, Climb, etc

Start Date 2016-09-10

# of days 2

syoung
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Humphreys and then Bright Angel 9/10 - 9/11

Post by syoung » Aug 29 2016 9:25 am

I am definitely not the most traditional kind of guy (how many of us are?!) and for my bachelor party weekend I wanted to do something outside of the box. All of my wedding party is out of state and thus I was going to head to the Sierras to wander aimlessly by myself. But after a little thought I came to the conclusion that that would be too much for a normal length weekend.

The plan is as follows. Friday evening, drive up to Flagstaff and car camp @ Humphreys. Start up the mountain around 6AM or so. Come down, eat lunch, drive to the Canyon. I just reserved a campsite at Mather for the evening. Shower, eat, soak in the sunset. Rise and shine in the predawn hours. Head down Bright Angel to the Colorado. Soak in more views, then head back up and drive home to arrive back in Phoenix by Sunday evening.

We can have up to 6 people at the campground, but only 2 cars.

Jim_H
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Humphreys and then Bright Angel 9/10 - 9/11

Post by Jim_H » Aug 29 2016 9:06 pm

Sounds fun, but not an early riser. I am single, but I thought bachelors parties were about celebrating one last night of what you can't do after you get married. I hope this is not one of those thing.
Society's constraints are stifling! The only way to hike is fully nude!

Return to “Hiking Events”