Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
azbackpackr
River Paddler
City, State: Flagstaff, Arizona

Skiing anyone? Storm on the way!

Post by azbackpackr » Jan 12 2007 5:44 am

Skiing anyone? I'll be going cross country skiing on Sunday if we get the 8 inches of snow promised by the weather service! (Promises, promises!) Sunrise Resort has been open for quite some time for downhill skiing, also, they will have a good artificial base under real snow. And if Greer and Alpine are to get 8 inches, then Sunrise will probably collect more than that.

If it's not too windy I'll be going over by Green's Peak or along the Railroad Grade Trail, or maybe over on 273 toward Mt. Baldy, past the locked gate. This year they are not allowing snowmobiles on 273 due to the road construction. So it should be good there if you like to break trail. Sometimes I am lazy, though, and I ski on the snowmobile tracks! They pack it down very nicely!

If it's windy I may just go back into the forest at Pole Knoll, or to the adjoining Squirrel Springs cross country ski area on the Greer road. I have not skied Squirrel Springs because every time I've checked it out it never has had enough snow, even when Pole Knoll does!

Anyone is interested in joining me, please p.m. Plan on meeting up with me in Eagar at Basha's. However, remember, it has not snowed yet! We are hoping the Weather Service is correct this time!

Elizabeth

PaleoRob
Culture Kokopelli
City, State: Grand Junction, CO

Post by PaleoRob » Jan 12 2007 6:09 am

Weather service says that Page might get 2-4 inches of snow by this time tomorrow...I'll believe it when I see it, though I have more faith in you getting snow than us...
"The only thing we did was wrong was staying in the wilderness to long...the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight..."
-Old Spiritual
My book, The Marauders on Lulu and Amazon

azbackpackr
River Paddler
City, State: Flagstaff, Arizona

Post by azbackpackr » Jan 12 2007 6:23 am

Well, the "storm" has just started...and it's yucky old RAIN! Since Eagar is at 7,000 feet one would hope that Greer or Alpine, both at over 8,000 would be getting snow while we are getting rain. Blech!

(I know, I know, shouldn't complain about precipitation! We desperately need it!)

Return to “Ski”