Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
fairweather8588
Jeep Bustin' Kokopelli
City, State: Scottsdale

Nearest fishin'

Post by fairweather8588 » Jul 28 2007 9:28 am

Where's the closest trout fishing to Phoenix?
No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength

Kerouac

te_wa
Squirrelock Holmes
City, State: 221b Baker St.

Re: Nearest fishin'

Post by te_wa » Jul 28 2007 10:18 am

Safeway meat department.

here's a nice spot, a little warm right now but holds browns and rainbows:
take 87 north and pass Payson until you get to Crackerjack Rd. (consult a map)
you can take crackerjack rd. out to the east verde, and will find nice spots (high clearance reccommended.)
that is the closest I can think of this time of year. The Salt River holds trout but you'd have to deal with drunken tubers.
:D

Dschur
Fossil Kokopelli
City, State: Payson, AZ

Post by Dschur » Jul 28 2007 11:43 pm

Payson has three lakes on Main street that gets stocked with trout. Only thing is that the lakes are filled when there is no rain with reclaimed water. Right now there has been over 3 inches in the past two weekends of rain.
Dawn
--On the loose to climb a mountain, on the loose where I am free. On the loose to live my life the way I think my life should be...For we only have a moment and a whole world yet to see...I'll be looking for tomorrow on the loose. ---unknown--

JoelHazelton
Luminosopelli
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by JoelHazelton » Aug 01 2007 8:10 am

Oak creek is convenient and they stock fish. Just get there early before the traffic picks up through Sedona and leave before it picks up going the other way.
"Arizona is the land of contrast... You can go from Minnesota to California in a matter of minutes, then have Mexican food that night." -Jack Dykinga

http://www.joelhazelton.com

Return to “Fishing”