Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
bryanmertz
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Alamo Lake State Park

Post by bryanmertz » Feb 28 2003 5:27 pm

Spent 2/21 thru 2/23/03 here. While it is mostly used by RV's, there is some decent camping available.

Hiking below the dam through the Bill Williams river area is good. It takes a bit to get there, but the canyon is great. This is actually an Eagle habitat area too. The park itself is a bit of a transition area; 1200 - 1600 feet, so there is a lot of diverse wild life. We saw some Burro's and Dear.

If you do go, bring extra cash or a check book. The Park is about 40 minutes from the nearest town; Wenden (very small;) and the park store doens't take credit/ debit cards. We had to buy some firewood, and ingredients for smores!

Bryan

kingsnake
Mickey Mouse is a Rat!
City, State: Sunnyslope, PHX

Re: Alamo Lake State Park

Post by kingsnake » Feb 07 2013 6:25 am

I was out there yesterday. ;)

Btw, 4-bar reception from on top of the hill (H+B 1655) northwest of the dam. Had a long talk with my wife in Houston. Would have phone her a photo, but could not figure out how to attach the photo to a text. (If anyone know iPhone 5GS, let me know ...)
http://prestonm.com : Everyone's enjoyment of the outdoors is different and should be equally honored.

azbackpackr
River Paddler
City, State: Flagstaff, Arizona

Post by azbackpackr » Feb 07 2013 2:08 pm

kingsnake wrote:
azbackpackr wrote:Way out in BFE
I've actually been there. 300 foot due in the middle of the Sahara. I put up a "Welcome to BFE, Pop. 3" (me and the other two guys on my radio team) sign and everything ... : rambo :
:D
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

chumley
Norwegian Kokopelli
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by chumley » Feb 07 2013 3:49 pm

kingsnake wrote: (If anyone know iPhone 5GS, let me know ...)
Absolutely nobody has an iPhone 5GS. Not even engineers in Apple R&D!!

But if you view the photo on the iPhone that you do have and click the share icon (curved arrow coming out of a box, in the lower left corner) you can click message and it will attach it to a blank message.
Ja vi elsker dette landet

Return to “Fishing”