Summer Trout Stockings

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
ALMAL
City, State: GILBERT

Summer Trout Stockings

Post by ALMAL » Sep 22 2015 2:53 pm

Summertime trout stockings are coming to an end, and urban waters will soon be stocked. The final stocking for Tonto creek is scheduled for this week. That will likely mean excellent fishing conditions for planted rainbows this coming weekend. If you have purchased a 2015 fishing license and have yet to catch a nice bag of pan sized rainbows, perfect for grilling, then this weekend may be your best opportunity. Sometimes, the final stocking is a big one. Often larger fish are released as well. Friday is best, but early Saturday morning can often produce an easy limit. Get in early and out before the masses arrive. If you prefer CPR, you should not be disappointed either with large numbers swimming the creek this week. If you're looking for an additional challenge, try fly fishing in Horton Creek. You won't find the stocker rainbows, only wild browns throughout the creek from top to bottom, they're in every knee deep hole. Catching isn't the hard part, but casting... :M2C:
Check out the stocking schedule AZ Game and Fish website. They have details on stocking locations for both the summer and winter programs.
You aren't late if you don't show up!

chumley
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Re: Summer Trout Stockings

Post by chumley » Sep 22 2015 2:59 pm

I'm a big fan of trout stockings myself! :D
Attachments
troutstockings.jpg
Profound observer

ALMAL

Post by ALMAL » Sep 22 2015 3:40 pm

I've got to have those...

ALMAL

Post by ALMAL » Sep 25 2015 11:16 am

Yes but those are obviously summer trout stockings and should not be worn after Labor Day.

Return to “Fishing”