Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
outdoor_lover
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Animal Battles

Post by outdoor_lover » Dec 22 2015 11:55 pm

When Eagles Attack and Goats Fight Back! :o :o :o

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/12/1 ... ocky-cliff
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

The_Eagle
City, State: Far NE Phoenix, Az

Re: Animal Battles

Post by The_Eagle » Dec 23 2015 6:56 am

Dam goats are tough. I'll have those scars awhile....
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
Dave Barry

The_N
City, State: Payson, AZ

Post by The_N » Dec 23 2015 10:26 am

Speaking of animal battles. I took this pic along the side of the paved road that goes up North Mtn during the summer. Not sure what's going on here but they were tangled sure looked to be fighting at first.
Attachments
1556351_10152236487878170_5467965345710333314_o.jpg
If there is no struggle, there is no progress.

outdoor_lover
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by outdoor_lover » Dec 23 2015 10:35 am

@The N
I just saw a Video of 2 Snakes fighting in Brazil...Apparently it was 2 Males Fighting over Territory and a Girl. But I know they "entwine" for Sex, so as far as your Photo goes, I'm not sure which it would be....
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

DbleDutch
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by DbleDutch » Jul 29 2018 8:42 pm

P2015-1007_115706.jpg
A couple years ago DbleDutch team were hiking east of Larson Ridge when a pair of BIG sheep came crashing out of the brush towards us. At first they looked like Hereford cattle. They ambled down the trail ahead of us and we dropped back about 100'. Suddenly a coyote crossed the trail between us and headed left of the picture. We knew something was going to happen and stood silent, while I fished my camera out. Wiley re-entered the trail ahead of the sheep for a faceoff. The one sheep said "meh" and walked off the trail and laid down, the other stood center of the trail and stomped its front hooves on occasion as if to say "bring it". This lasted at least a minute until I stepped left to avoid a pine branch for the pic. Wiley said this was enough and exited right, quickly.

When I saw this forum, I knew I must add this pic. Without the pic it's just a story, but it's true. Laughed so hard after this event and could only think of Roadrunner cartoons. :lol:
Last edited by DbleDutch on Jul 29 2018 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dschur
City, State: Payson, AZ

Post by Dschur » Aug 08 2018 9:02 am

While driving to work one day by the golf course in Payson, we had to stop because two huge bull Elk decided to battle in the middle of the road.. pushing each other back and forth so that we couldn't get around.. finally one pushed really hard and we zoomed around them...
Dawn
--On the loose to climb a mountain, on the loose where I am free. On the loose to live my life the way I think my life should be...For we only have a moment and a whole world yet to see...I'll be looking for tomorrow on the loose. ---unknown--

Return to “Fauna”