2021 Fire Restrictions

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas  • Apache - Sitgreaves, AZ  • Prescott, AZ  • Tonto, AZ  • Coconino, AZ  • Coronado, AZ
chumley
City, State: Tempe, AZ

2021 Fire Restrictions

Post by chumley »

National Forests
Apache-Sitgreaves No Restrictions starting Fri Jul 16th
Coconino No Restrictions starting Fri Jul 16th
Coronado No Restrictions starting Fri Jul 9th
Kaibab No Restrictions starting Fri Jul 16th
Prescott No Restrictions starting Wed Jul 21st
Tonto No Restrictions starting Wed Jul 21st

State Trust
No Restrictions except Stage I in Yavapai County only

BLM
Nothing reported on HAZ thus far.

Per usual; check with the land managing agency before any trip for the best results.

----------- original post below ------------
Update: A-S NF enacting a full closure beginning 6/24.

Update: A-S NF goes to Stage 2 beginning 6/11

Apache-Sitgreaves are the first National Forests in the state to enact restrictions, effective tomorrow May 7, 2021.
These Stage 1 Restrictions are set to expire December 31, 2021.
Read the official forest order here: https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DO ... 909204.pdf

The public land agencies in the Southwest have made yet another attempt at consolidating restriction information in one (woefully poor attempt at an) easy to use website.
Needless to say, it does not yet reflect the announced ASNF restriction. Perhaps it will tomorrow when it takes effect?
You may visit this consolidated source of fire restriction data at this link.
Last edited by chumley on Jul 20 2021 3:55 pm, edited 19 times in total.
33s over 45s
azbackpackr
City, State: Flagstaff AZ

Re: 2021 Fire Restrictions

Post by azbackpackr »

I double-checked to be sure, and yes, Kaibab National Forest is rescinding the Bill Williams Mountain closure. Last year I missed hiking the Benham Trail, since it was closed most of the time I was living in Flagstaff. Yay, now I can hike it again! Judging from memory, I should bring loppers with me. There's a section up there that gets really overgrown with shrubs.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.
chumley
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Re: 2021 Fire Restrictions

Post by chumley »

Tonto and Prescott NFs are lifting restrictions Wed Jul 21.
State Trust Land in Yavapai County had been under Stage 1 but typically matches surrounding forest restrictions. While currently not yet announced, if the Yavapai trust land restriction is also rescinded, all temporary fire restrictions will have been rescinded statewide.

Some areas are under seasonal or permanent fire bans separate from the above temporary restrictions so double-check with the land management agency where you plan to visit.
33s over 45s

Return to “Fire & Area Closures”