City, State: outside, anywhere

Flash Flood debris flow Utah

Post by RedRoxx44 » Nov 22 2013 4:00 pm

Pretty friggin cool

rwstorm
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Re: Flash Flood debris flow Utah

Post by rwstorm » Nov 22 2013 4:05 pm

I saw this awhile ago...very impressive indeed! One can never be too careful. :)
Onward into oblivion!

Sredfield
City, State: Ahwatukee, AZ

Post by Sredfield » Nov 22 2013 4:33 pm

Awesome! Thanks for posting this.
Shawn
The bear went over the mountain to see what he could see.

MtnBart01
City, State: Chipita Park, Co

Post by MtnBart01 » Nov 24 2013 8:35 am

Pretty cool until you consider the consequences of trying to get the close shot. Unfortunately, I don't have a speaker to hear him speaking or the situation surrounding this footage, but I got to see some good first hand footage of a KOAA cameraman on the 24 by my house take a ride in his car with the debris taking out power poles along the way stranding him in the middle when he got hung up and totalling his car. My wife coincidently took a picture of his mangled car while waiting for the road to open before I came across the video. A month later our house sitter got stopped by a road closure due to flash floods and the guy 2 cars ahead of her got out to get the close up flash flood video and they found him dead in the debris the next day. :( Like I said I couldn't hear the video, but I hope he was safe about it because it kind of looked like he was putting himself in harms way.
I have a new healthy respect for the power of water due to my current circumstances and the devastation it has caused in the area I live. :M2C:
LET IT SNOW! Let it SNOW! Let it Snow!

kingsnake
City, State: Sunnyslope, PHX

Post by kingsnake » Nov 24 2013 8:54 am

I wonder if it was along the Escalante? I saw a similar video a few months ago (maybe same guy?), where it was filmed along the Escalante, and in that case the guy filmed several thunderheads from 30 miles away, saying how long it would be before the flood showed up, and sure enough there it came ...
http://prestonm.com : Everyone's enjoyment of the outdoors is different and should be equally honored.

azbackpackr
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Post by azbackpackr » Nov 24 2013 9:08 am

The thing is, sure you can run, but what if you trip and fall? Will you have enough time to get up and run again? I enjoyed the video but thought it was pretty dumb what they were doing.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

Return to “Weather”