Needle Canyon water

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
hikeaz
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Needle Canyon water

Post by hikeaz »

Generally the Needle Canyon 'trail' holds water. Has anyone been there recently to confirm, please? This 'trail' runs east from Boulder Canyon over/through Needle Canyon. Thanks!
Attachments
Needle Canyon.png
"The censorship method ... is that of handing the job over to some frail and erring mortal man, and making him omnipotent on the assumption that his official status will make him infallible and omniscient."
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
ALMAL
City, State: GILBERT

Re: Needle Canyon water

Post by ALMAL »

@hikeaz
I'll let you know tomorrow...
You aren't late if you don't show up!
hikeaz

Post by hikeaz »

@ALMAL
Thanks.... nice of ya...
"The censorship method ... is that of handing the job over to some frail and erring mortal man, and making him omnipotent on the assumption that his official status will make him infallible and omniscient."
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
te_wa
City, State: Mesa

Post by te_wa »

someone on the GET forums said there was no water in the entire (what, mile?) of needle. this was of last 2 weeks. i found that hard to believe, since we saw water in geronimo's ravine and again in peter's just last week... and the pool right near the needle/boulder intersection is about 8' deep capacity. so long story short, i don't know.. but do inform, as it's a good source to keep in the journal.
squirrel!
ALMAL

Post by ALMAL »

@te_wa
I'll check on the stagnant pool just up from BC... I think it's always there.
ALMAL

Post by ALMAL »

100 yards up from BC there are a couple pools of sludge, as usual... they're pretty nasty looking.
hikeaz

Post by hikeaz »

ALMAL wrote: Dec 09 2017 4:37 pm 100 yards up from BC there are a couple pools of sludge, as usual... they're pretty nasty looking.
Many thanks!!
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW

Return to “Water Availability”