Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
no avatar
hanmart
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Phoenix

Superstitions Water Updates?

Post by hanmart » Feb 19 2018 6:13 pm

Hello all! I'm hoping to backpack in the Western Superstitions this coming weekend and was wondering if anyone had new water insights after the small amount of rain we got this past week. I'm looking to do a short overnighter (up to 16 miles) either heading to Charlebois Spring or over to Pinon Camp (water seems really unlikely here, no?). I'd rather not dry camp... I was at Reavis Ranch around Thanksgiving and was saddened by the tiny trickle there, and the overcrowding. I checked the recent water reports here but most are from January. I heard Boulder Canyon area is dry but there is some water in La Barge Box. Anybody scouting the area recently?

Hoping for more rain soon!
Thanks for the help! :)

prisegem
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Re: Superstitions Water Updates?

Post by prisegem » Feb 19 2018 7:31 pm

@hanmart Yeah super dry this year, a shame. Was just on the bluff springs trail to terapain to weavers base on Saturday. There is no flowing water unfortunately but there are pools of water along bluff springs trail. Chance of more rain Friday to replenish as well.

joebartels
teva joe
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by joebartels » Feb 19 2018 8:39 pm

hanmart wrote:I was at Reavis Ranch around Thanksgiving* and was saddened by the tiny trickle there, and the overcrowding. I checked the recent water reports here but most are from January.
should be plenty
Feb 3rd 2018 & the area likely got rain in the last week
that is from [ Reavis Creek at Gap Trail #117 ] , it's more reliable at [ Reavis Creek at Fireline #118 ]

*throw a dog a bone :pray:
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

nonot
Bon Fire Kokopelli

Post by nonot » Feb 19 2018 9:03 pm

Has anyone been on Apache Trail recently - is there even a trickle where it crosses at Tortilla Flat?
http://hikearizona.com/garmin_maps.php

Hike Arizona it is full of sharp, pointy, ankle-twisting, HAZmaster crushing ROCKS!!
Hike Arizona it is full of sharp, pointy, shin-stabbing, skin-shredding plants!
Hike Arizona it is full of striking, biting, stabbing, venomous wildlife!

joebartels
teva joe

Post by joebartels » Feb 19 2018 9:33 pm

@nonot crossing was dry on feb 3rd
With the lack of rain I was semi surprised by last weeks photos and Wally's comment @ [ photoset ]
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

Return to “Water Availability”