Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guide  • Reavis Falls Hike, AZ
Linked Areas none
no avatar
mrbeall
City, State: Gilbert, AZ

Reavis Falls Flowing?

Post by mrbeall » Mar 24 2008 5:01 am

Just wondering if anybody has made their way to Reavis falls recently? The last post I noticed was about a month ago in February and I just wanted to know if anybody had more updated conditions? I assume water will be flowing this week and through early spring, but there's no harm in asking!

I also had a question about the turn off to the falls from the Reavis Ranch trail head. I know its unmarked and may or may not have cairns... but is it the kind of thing I will totally walk past if I haven't been there before, or is it fairly easy to find? Keep in mind I will only have a topo map on me... no gps. Me and two friends are planning on going sometime this week, just doing an overnight trip down to the falls and back. I've never been there before.

BobP
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Re: Reavis Falls Flowing?

Post by BobP » Mar 24 2008 8:54 am

Hiked into Reavis Falls, then to Reavis Ranch via Reavis trailhead. Falls flowing WONDERFULLY. Very nice hike. Still cold at night (ice in water bottles on morning of 3/10) This was posted by Kir2278.

I haven't hiked this yet, so I can't answer your other questions. I may do this hike as a day hike on Fri.
http://www.blindmotivation.com
http://www.seeitourway.org
Always pronounce Egeszsegedre properly......
If you like this triplog you must be a friend of BrunoP

joebartels
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by joebartels » Mar 24 2008 9:01 am

The turn off is faintly easy to find. It's 3.3 miles in on your left rising on the subtle hill. It's the easiest 3.3 miles of hiking in the Superstitions so many pass it thinking it's too soon. You'll want to setup camp right across Reavis Creek before heading the half mile to the falls.
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

Grasshopper

Post by Grasshopper » Mar 24 2008 9:33 am

The falls is still flowing as of this past Sat-3/22. A group led hike from AZ Outdoor Travel Club was there and I saw pics of the flowing falls that night.
(Outside.. "there is No Place Like It!!")

Xiled1
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Post by Xiled1 » Feb 26 2009 12:12 pm

Has anybody Hiked this recently? We are planning on heading out for an overnight trip this weekend. I'm hoping the falls are running and there is plenty of water to filter/drink.

Al_HikesAZ

Post by Al_HikesAZ » Feb 26 2009 12:20 pm

Xiled1 wrote:Has anybody Hiked this recently? We are planning on heading out for an overnight trip this weekend. I'm hoping the falls are running and there is plenty of water to filter/drink.
Looking at the triplogs is always a good place to start. The most recent triplog under the Reavis Falls Hike is dated 2/21/09 (last Saturday) and indicates a lot of water. Should be some wildflowers this weekend also.
Anybody can make a hike harder. The real skill comes in making the hike easier.
Not if we can help it UNCLE JACK. http://www.sleepingdogtv.com/reel/Uncle-Jack.aspx Not if we can help it.

Return to “Water Availability”