Deer Creek Maz. water conditions

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
te_wa
City, State: 221b Baker St.

Deer Creek Maz. water conditions

Post by te_wa » Jun 07 2008 2:16 pm

I am pro'lly going to make my first trip out since the new baby and I have a friend coming in from Virginia (desertroux). I'd like to take the Deer creek drainage starting from FR 201 up into the headwaters of D.C. where Nonot and I found a 60' waterfall. Its about a 2 mile one way trip to the fall, and was wondering if anyone has been in this area in June could tell us if water is availabe. Im guessing yes, but want to know for sure. The area in question is just upstream from the old homestead near the creek. (see davey gowan loop)
thanks, Mike
:D

te_wa

Re: Deer Creek Maz. water conditions

Post by te_wa » Jun 11 2008 4:31 pm

still unable to answer my own question... and the forest service is no help. I heard there were still some tiny pools in the Supes, (like the one in needle canyon, which i swore to Wally would be there till July) so hoping the 5000' areas 'round here have some too. We'll see!
Last edited by te_wa on Jun 11 2008 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PrestonSands
City, State: Oro Valley, AZ

Post by PrestonSands » Jun 11 2008 4:38 pm

Seems like I saw a scuzzy pool on Deer Creek in early June 2006 while doing the Davey Gowan Loop. It was a little ways upstream from the Gowan Camp homestead, near the trail, and below the Mt. Peeley TH. Wrong area, I know, but 2006 was a dry year, so maybe there will be water where you are going, after such a wet winter.
"I'm going for a coffee, but you never know when a hike might break out." -Jim Gaffigan

te_wa

Post by te_wa » Jun 11 2008 6:35 pm

thx Pres... I scoured all of your and James' photos looking for anything and I was curious about that little scuzzy spring down there. We're going to pack in about 5L each and do no-cook meals. Meat Logs, cheeze, etc...
I was just hoping the waterfall would be wet.

fairweather8588
City, State: Scottsdale

Post by fairweather8588 » Jun 11 2008 7:32 pm

te-wa wrote:t and do no-cook meals. Meat Logs, cheeze, etc...
And we all know how much you guys enjoy your meat logs.... :o
No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength

Kerouac

Return to “Water Availability”