Angel Basin Water

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Areas none
presto75
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Angel Basin Water

Post by presto75 » Nov 07 2008 10:31 am

Am looking to go to Angel Basin this weekend. Is there any water down there?

wyandot
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Angel Basin Water

Post by wyandot » Nov 07 2008 10:59 am

There were numerous stagnant, but filterable, pools in the Basin when I was there on October 25. No flow to speak of, but quite a bit of water in total. I went in from Woodbury TH, and it was a catclaw nightmare, so be prepared with long pants and long sleeves

presto75
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Post by presto75 » Nov 07 2008 11:03 am

Good stuff, thanks for the help! I've never came in from Woodbury. Better or Worse than Rogers Trough?

Grasshopper
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by Grasshopper » Nov 07 2008 11:28 am

presto75 wrote:Good stuff, thanks for the help! I've never came in from Woodbury. Better or Worse than Rogers Trough?
On Nov 1st from Rogers Trough TH I went through Angel Basin down the Frog Tanks TR to Hole Spring and the catclaw was bad but not as bad as it is on the JF Trail and the Rogers Canyon TR coming in from Woodbury. You may not recognize the Angel Basin camping area as it now looks like a Kansas wheat field. Long pants, gaters, and long sleeve shirt recommended for your hike. Enjoy your trip as it is still a nice area to be this time of year!
(Outside.. "there is No Place Like It!!")

hikeaz
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by hikeaz » Nov 07 2008 5:53 pm

As it becomes increasingly evident that no one will be trimming the trails FOR us, it is incumbent upon us to add clippers to our checklist in addition to the long pants/shirts/gaiters, etc.
Self-reliance...... making the world (trail) a better place...... giving something back....... In other words, do something to improve the situation for those that will follow.
Obama has promised "change", but I doubt we'll see it manifested in trail maintenance anytime soon, or at least I couldn't locate it on his new website: change dot gov. :roll:
kurt

te_wa
City, State: 221b Baker St.

Post by te_wa » Nov 07 2008 6:37 pm

hikeaz wrote:Obama has promised "change", but I doubt we'll see it manifested in trail maintenance anytime soon, or at least I couldn't locate it on his new website: change dot gov.
:sl: thats awesome
fight back! wear Chris approved body armor! :sweat:
:D

Sredfield
City, State: Ahwatukee, AZ

Post by Sredfield » Nov 09 2008 11:22 am

hikeaz wrote:As it becomes increasingly evident that no one will be trimming the trails FOR us, it is incumbent upon us to add clippers to our checklist in addition to the long pants/shirts/gaiters, etc.
Self-reliance...... making the world (trail) a better place...... giving something back....... In other words, do something to improve the situation for those that will follow.
Google VOAz :)
Shawn
The bear went over the mountain to see what he could see.

hikeaz
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by hikeaz » Nov 09 2008 4:06 pm

Sredfield wrote:
hikeaz wrote:As it becomes increasingly evident that no one will be trimming the trails FOR us, it is incumbent upon us to add clippers to our checklist in addition to the long pants/shirts/gaiters, etc.
Google VOAz :)
A commendable group - of course we don't/shouldn't need an organization in order for us to improve the trails for those who come after us - in other words, DO something to improve the situation rather than merely announce the problematic area.
Last edited by hikeaz on Nov 09 2008 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kurt

te_wa
City, State: 221b Baker St.

Post by te_wa » Nov 09 2008 7:56 pm

there was zero water in Angel Basin. closest water was downstream about 1/2 mile and then water pools popped up every 1/4 mile or so, some wonderful, some questionable. Water in pools all the way to the fish creek bridge.
:D

Return to “Water Availability”