Revis Ranch

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Redneck Ranger
City, State: Gilbert, AZ

Revis Ranch

Post by Redneck Ranger » Dec 05 2008 8:00 am

Does any 1 know the status of water availability at revis ranch. Heading up there soon and trying to decide how much I need to pack in.
Thanks ...

SuperstitionGuy
City, State: Apache Junction, Arizona

Re: Revis Ranch

Post by SuperstitionGuy » Dec 05 2008 7:01 pm

From reading recent posts you should expect pools in Reavis Creek and possibly even running water with the current recent rains. The spring north of the orchard will be flowing but the question is do you know where it is? If not let me know and I will describe how to locate it. Are you hiking, backpacking or horse packing? And what direction will you be coming from?
A man's body may grow old, but inside his spirit can still be as young and restless as ever.
- Garth McCann from the movie Second Hand Lions

Another victim of Pixel Trivia.

Current avatar courtesy of Snakemarks

big_load
City, State: Andover, NJ

Post by big_load » Dec 05 2008 8:07 pm

SuperstitionGuy wrote:horse packing
If you're horse packing, please, please, please don't let your animals sh*t in the water. Two of the last three times I've been at the ranch, the creek was fouled.

azdesertfather
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Post by azdesertfather » Dec 05 2008 10:12 pm

big_load wrote:If you're horse packing, please, please, please don't let your animals sh*t in the water. Two of the last three times I've been at the ranch, the creek was fouled.
It amazes me that this is still a problem in 21st century America. I saw it all the time in India, even humans doing that (in public no less), but here? Don't we know better?
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." — Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Water Availability”