Lost/sank GoPro w/ Blue Pole at Fish Creek/Salt River

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Areas none
no avatar
jonathsk
City, State: Sierra Vista, AZ

Lost/sank GoPro w/ Blue Pole at Fish Creek/Salt River

Post by jonathsk » Sep 08 2014 11:05 am

Hey everyone, I know this is highly unlikely but I thought I'd post it and hope someone comes across it.
I was jumping off the cliffs across from the "sandy beach" along the Salt River over the weekend (6 SEP 14). The force of the landing knocked the pole out of my hand and it sunk down to the bottom of the river. I plan on coming back with some scuba equipment but I wanted to ask if anyone knows how deep this river is? It would help understand how to setup my search area.

For whatever reason it happens to float ashore, please contact me. There are a lot of good memories on that camera that I would love to have recovered. Thanks.

If anyone else has lost anything in this area, give me a heads up and I'll keep an eye out for it during my dive. I'm sure to find some interesting things.

big_load
City, State: Andover, NJ

Re: Lost/sank GoPro w/ Blue Pole at Fish Creek/Salt River

Post by big_load » Sep 08 2014 11:13 am

With the rain today, it's probably halfway to Yuma. Good luck!

kingsnake
City, State: Sunnyslope, PHX

Post by kingsnake » Sep 08 2014 1:18 pm

@big_load I thought I saw it floating across my living room ... 8-[
http://prestonm.com : Everyone's enjoyment of the outdoors is different and should be equally honored.

JoelHazelton
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by JoelHazelton » Sep 09 2014 9:24 am

Out of curiosity, where is the "sandy beach" at the Salt River? You included Fish Creek in your description, but the only popular cliff diving spots I know along the Salt are much farther downstream, between the Bush Hwy bridge and Granite Reef.
"Arizona is the land of contrast... You can go from Minnesota to California in a matter of minutes, then have Mexican food that night." -Jack Dykinga

http://www.joelhazelton.com

Return to “Lost & Found”