Lost Dutchman

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Areas none
rally_toad
Quickapelli
City, State: Boulder City, NV

Dutchman's Mine

Post by rally_toad » Aug 01 2007 7:13 am

I was curious about what your guys feelings about the legend of the lost dutchman's mine were. Did it exist? Is it a hoax? Was it in the Superstitions? If so where are possible locations? I just was curious and wanted to see some other people's opinion on the mine and thought it would make an interesting topic to chat about.

I am fascinated by the history and the legend.
"Who are you guys??!!" -Farnsworth

tahosa
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Fort Collins, CO

Re: Dutchman's Mine

Post by tahosa » Oct 09 2013 6:09 am

Twas about 20 years ago the Lure of the Dutchman took me into the Sups. All I found was a pleasant place to hike with my kids. But I do believe he had ore and gleaned it from the mines near Goldfield. When he went into the Sups he was just leading a false trail, and picked up the gold after sneaking into and out of the Sups. Any of the books by Tom Kolbern are of great interest in that area. And I may be taking a hike back into one of those special areas on Nov. 10, see you on the trail.

hikeaz
Socialpelli
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Re: Dutchman's Mine

Post by hikeaz » Oct 09 2013 11:41 am

tahosa wrote:....... But I do believe he had ore and gleaned it from the mines near Goldfield. When he went into the Sups he was just leading a false trail, and picked up the gold after sneaking into and out of the Sups. .........

kurt

Return to “Dutchman”