Dutchman's Mine

Lost Dutchman

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Areas none
rally_toad
City, State: CA

Dutchman's Mine

Post by rally_toad »

I was curious about what your guys feelings about the legend of the lost dutchman's mine were. Did it exist? Is it a hoax? Was it in the Superstitions? If so where are possible locations? I just was curious and wanted to see some other people's opinion on the mine and thought it would make an interesting topic to chat about.

I am fascinated by the history and the legend.
"Who are you guys??!!" -Farnsworth
tahosa
City, State: Fort Collins, CO

Re: Dutchman's Mine

Post by tahosa »

Twas about 20 years ago the Lure of the Dutchman took me into the Sups. All I found was a pleasant place to hike with my kids. But I do believe he had ore and gleaned it from the mines near Goldfield. When he went into the Sups he was just leading a false trail, and picked up the gold after sneaking into and out of the Sups. Any of the books by Tom Kolbern are of great interest in that area. And I may be taking a hike back into one of those special areas on Nov. 10, see you on the trail.
hikeaz
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Re: Dutchman's Mine

Post by hikeaz »

tahosa wrote:....... But I do believe he had ore and gleaned it from the mines near Goldfield. When he went into the Sups he was just leading a false trail, and picked up the gold after sneaking into and out of the Sups. .........

"The censorship method ... is that of handing the job over to some frail and erring mortal man, and making him omnipotent on the assumption that his official status will make him infallible and omniscient."
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW

Return to “Dutchman”