Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Trishness
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ

Phone number for reservations?

Post by Trishness » Sep 09 2006 5:07 pm

Does ANYONE know of any phone number to call for permits to Indian Garden Campground reservations other than the 1-800-408-2052? I'm couldn't find any other # and have been trying to get through for FOUR hours and only get a busy signal. :?: I've been trying to get through for hours.

Thanks
Trish-Kabob

"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds" Ed Abbey

Davis2001r6
Italian Kokopelli
City, State: Suffolk, UK

Re: Phone number for reservations?

Post by Davis2001r6 » Sep 09 2006 5:36 pm

In response to Trishness' reply:

Is it a different # than the Backcountry office?

There # is 928-638-7875
Fax#928-638-2125

I'm not sure how they handle Indian Gardens but for a regular backcoutry permit you have to mail in or fax the backcountry permit request form to them.

I usually call to see if said dates/trails/camp areas are available, if they are then I fax in the form afterwards.

-TIM-

Trishness
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ

Post by Trishness » Sep 09 2006 5:45 pm

Thanks Tim....

I'll try that number. Many thanks!!! All I want to do is find out about availibilty for a specific weekend and I'd be happy to fax the form to them. That 1-800 number has been a constant busy signal for 6 hours now. Sorry but that just infuriates me.

](*,)
Trish-Kabob

"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds" Ed Abbey

weasel
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Minneapolis, MN

Post by weasel » Sep 10 2006 12:44 pm

I've never seen that 1-800 number. The Backcountry Office is open daily, but they only answer the phone from 1-5 pm M-F.

Return to “Permits & Transportation”