Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
azbackpackr
River Paddler
City, State: Flagstaff, Arizona

Woohoo! Score!

Post by azbackpackr » Jun 03 2013 12:03 pm

I usually am amongst the crush of people putting in on June 1 for October permits. I did get my first choice! So far a couple HAZzers have said they want to go with me, so we shall see.

Oct 11, 12, hiking out the 13th. Short backpack, doing Grandview Loop, about 13 miles. 1st night Cottonwood Creek. Hike Tonto around underneath Horseshoe Mesa. 2nd night Horseshoe Mesa. My goal in this is to complete that short section of Tonto which I'm lacking. (My ultimate goal has been to complete all named trails off S. Rim. I'm getting there, but I still have the two longest sections of Tonto to hike.)

Some people do this as a long day hike, but I prefer backpacking. I like to sit in camp and watch the light play on the Canyon walls, and all the other wonderful things that create real memories. I also like to explore near my camps. Hope to get into one of those caves this trip.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

PaleoRob
Culture Kokopelli
City, State: Grand Junction, CO

Re: Woohoo! Score!

Post by PaleoRob » Jun 03 2013 10:02 pm

Awesome!
"The only thing we did was wrong was staying in the wilderness to long...the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight..."
-Old Spiritual
My book, The Marauders on Lulu and Amazon

azbackpackr
River Paddler
City, State: Flagstaff, Arizona

Re: Woohoo! Score!

Post by azbackpackr » Jun 04 2013 3:43 am

Rob del Desierto wrote:Awesome!
You wanna go?
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

Return to “Permits & Transportation”