Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
Zort
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Shuttle service from Flag to GC?

Post by Zort » Aug 30 2014 2:51 pm

Does anyone know of a driver near GC who might offer shuttle service from South Rim to Hopi Salt Trail on the Navajo rez? Willing to pay a reasonable amount, but not the $150 per head (times six) that one of the professional services quoted me. #featherpluckininsane :? Trip is in October. TIA for any info.

Sun_Ray
Javakaipelli
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Re: Shuttle service from Flag to GC?

Post by Sun_Ray » Aug 30 2014 3:04 pm

There is a lady who does shuttles for folks doing Paria Canyon. Not sure where she lives. Others on HAZ should post info for you.. If not I'll contact a friend who has used her and post the info.
Brian
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday......there is no SOMEDAY!

azbackpackr
River Paddler
City, State: Flagstaff, Arizona

Post by azbackpackr » Aug 31 2014 5:23 am

I'd do it but would have to use one of your vehicles, I suppose. Plus it would have to be on a day when I'm not working. I live in Williams.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

Sun_Ray
Javakaipelli
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by Sun_Ray » Aug 31 2014 7:17 am

End of the Trail Shuttles - Betty Price, PO Box 6135, Marble Canyon, AZ 86036, (928) 355-2252-Shuttles
Brian
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday......there is no SOMEDAY!

Zort
Exploring Kokopelli

Post by Zort » Aug 31 2014 3:40 pm

I spoke with Betty some weeks ago, and she no longer goes into GCNP, owing apparently to some disagreement with the rangers about permits. Bummed about that. AZBackpackr, our itinerary has us driving up to Lipan Point (GC) on Friday Oct. 24. Please let me know if there's any chance that would work for you! Our plan would be to pile our six plus you into a Sequoia and shuttle from Lipan Pt to the head of Salt Trail Canyon, and we'd need you to return the truck to Lipan Point. If you don't have a GC pass, then we would include park entry fee as part of payment to you. Again, thanks for speaking up, and let me know if this might work for you.

azbackpackr
River Paddler
City, State: Flagstaff, Arizona

Post by azbackpackr » Aug 31 2014 5:03 pm

Zort wrote:I spoke with Betty some weeks ago, and she no longer goes into GCNP, owing apparently to some disagreement with the rangers about permits. Bummed about that. AZBackpackr, our itinerary has us driving up to Lipan Point (GC) on Friday Oct. 24. Please let me know if there's any chance that would work for you! Our plan would be to pile our six plus you into a Sequoia and shuttle from Lipan Pt to the head of Salt Trail Canyon, and we'd need you to return the truck to Lipan Point. If you don't have a GC pass, then we would include park entry fee as part of payment to you. Again, thanks for speaking up, and let me know if this might work for you.
Hmmm, well, probably not, because Fridays I am normally on call for my job, and I can't ask for a day off that week, because the week before that I've asked for 5 days off in a row to do a Diamond-Down rowing trip. Well, shoot, if it were just a few days later I'd be all done with my job for the season.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

Zort
Exploring Kokopelli

Post by Zort » Aug 31 2014 5:28 pm

Well, thanks anyway, AZBackpackr! We'll self-shuttle if we have to, but if anyone else out there has a line on someone who wants to make some extra cake in October, please let me know. TIA

Return to “Permits & Transportation”