North Rim Hikes

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Areas none
ddgrunning
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Gilbert, AZ

Choices among North Rim Hikes

Post by ddgrunning » Jun 13 2019 2:02 pm

Heading up to the North Rim this weekend. Time is limited, so trying to choose "best" options. I have all day Saturday, plus Sunday morning. Given my company, we will be staying up on the rim and not doing anything with much AEG. I haven't done any of the below hikes. If you had to choose among the below north rim hikes, how would you rank them? Any others that you would add as better options? (I realize this can be pretty subjective, but your opinions matter! :lol: )

Near the Lodge:
Widforss Trail (probably just the 5 mi. RT, rather than the 10 mi. out to Widforss point)
Uncle Jim Trail Loop via Ken Patrick (from the N. Kaibab TH)

Off Cape Royal Road:
Point Imperial Trail
Cape Final Trail
Cliff Spring Trail
Cape Royal "Trail"

tibber
Huckleberry Picapelli
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Choices among North Rim Hikes

Post by tibber » Jun 13 2019 6:32 pm

Cape Final for sure. Cape Royal is great toward sunset.
Also, you can to that little [ Transept Trail ] from the Lodge and of course include [ Bright Angel Point Trail ] .

Between Widforss and Uncle Jim I'm not sure which I would prefer but probably Uncle Jim for the view down into the N Kaibab Trail. You do get views from Widforss but they are limited. However, it is an interpretive trail for the first part of it so that's kind of cool.

Of course, I have videos for most of those. Here is my playlist, altho it's a little late to go thru those to see what looks the best [ youtube video ] and you have to scroll past the River trip.
For me, sometimes it's just as much about the journey as the destination.
Oh, and once in awhile, don't forget to look back at the trail you've traveled.

Return to “North Rim”