Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Description  • Battleship - Grand Canyon, AZ
Linked Areas none
SpiderLegs
Brand Emphasizer
City, State: Tucson, AZ

GC Battleship Question

Post by SpiderLegs » Mar 12 2018 9:39 am

Putting together a short day hike/trail run to scratch my Grand Canyon itch. Going across the Tonto trail from SK over to BA and thinking a side trip over to Battleship might be cool. What is the approximate length and time required to get there and back from the Two Mile Switchback?

friendofThundergod
ˈpōət kokopelli
City, State: AZ

Re: GC Battleship Question

Post by friendofThundergod » Mar 12 2018 9:49 am

From the rim doing it my first time, I did it in just under four hours, so its a pretty quick trip overall. I looked at route a little and it looks like I left BA Trail at about 6:30 a.m. to start the traverse over and was back on BA around 8:40 a.m. I also had to take a few minutes here and there to check route, took a couple pics on summit etc. I imagine it could be done in less than 2 hours though.

cactuscat
Zion Dreamer
City, State: Safford

Post by cactuscat » Mar 12 2018 12:36 pm

It's about 2 to 2.5 miles round trip from 2 mile corner where it takes off from the BA.
Where is the "dislike" button?

ddgrunning
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Gilbert, AZ

Post by ddgrunning » Mar 12 2018 4:40 pm

I can't remember exactly how much time it took us for an out-and-back from the jumping off point from BA, but I'd plan on an hour each way. Also, you can forget about any running at that point. Picking and choosing your way up, down, and around rocks, trees, outcroppings, etc. is the name of the game on the Battleship route. It's a fun adventure, but after bushwhacking out and back, the groomed BA trail felt lovely underfoot for the final climb out.

Return to “South Rim”