Phantom Ranch Hikes

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
KwaiChang
City, State: Rochester, NY

Phantom Ranch Hikes

Post by KwaiChang » May 04 2011 12:11 pm

OK - I lied - another question ONLY cuz I was able to scam another day at Phantom Ranch. :y:

What would you all consider the best hike to do while staying at Phantom. I am hiking down SK and will arrive around 2 or so to Phantom - we be taking our time and LOADS of pixs. I will be staying 2 nites and then hiking out the NK and staying two nites there.

So - best hikes while I have my day down there? Ribbon Falls? Try to tackle Clear Creek/Cheyva Falls??

Fire away!!
Out of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.....

azbackpackr
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Re: Phantom Ranch Hikes

Post by azbackpackr » May 04 2011 12:30 pm

Maybe Clear Creek, but Cheyava Falls is too far. It will probably be dry, anyway, and is a long way from the Clear Creek camp. However, the Clear Creek trail has very nice views of the river.

Also, Phantom Canyon: http://hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=854
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

Sun_Ray
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by Sun_Ray » May 04 2011 12:45 pm

I like Clear Creek because without going to far you can look down on Phantom Ranch and get some good pics of the PR area. If I understand what you stated correctly...you can catch Ribbon Falls on the way out.
Brian
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday......there is no SOMEDAY!

KwaiChang
City, State: Rochester, NY

Post by KwaiChang » May 04 2011 1:18 pm

Excellent so far - thanks - looks like a trip to Ribbon Falls one day and the Phantom Canyon the day we arrive will be the plan. Also a quick hike on the river trail.....can not wait!

Thanks Liz and Sun Ray!
Out of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.....

sirena
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Post by sirena » May 04 2011 6:20 pm

The River Trail is wonderful in the moonlight- have a fantastic time on your trip!
"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view."
-Edward Abbey
http://www.desertsirena.wordpress.com

jdcollard
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by jdcollard » May 05 2011 9:00 pm

We were lucky this month and got reservations for May 2012...we are hoping to get one night at the NR. If we do, we are going to do Clear Creek on the layover day and hit Ribbon Falls on the way up to the NR. We made it to Clear Creek a few years back...it's a haul but beautiful.

Return to “Phantom Ranch”