Water

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
RedRoxx44
City, State: outside, anywhere

Water

Post by RedRoxx44 » Jul 20 2015 7:24 am

Seems that some of the wells in the Willcox playa are going dry. I have no idea as I am not a hydrologist but a few of the springs in the Galiuros seem to be waning the last few years, such as Corral which seems to pretty dry as far up as I went and in Sycamore at the box. I would not think some of these springs rely on the Aquifer ? When I first hiked there it was quite dry, Power spring was a puddle. Then there was a wet period, now seemingly a dry period.

http://www.azcentral.c...

Sredfield
City, State: Ahwatukee, AZ

Re: Water

Post by Sredfield » Jul 22 2015 9:43 am

On a somewhat possibly related topic, this month's Smithsonian has a very sobering article on climate change. To summarize succinctly, it's going to suck.
Shawn
The bear went over the mountain to see what he could see.

Jim_H
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Jim_H » Jul 22 2015 9:58 am

Sredfield wrote:On a somewhat possibly related topic, this month's Smithsonian has a very sobering article on climate change. To summarize succinctly, it's going to suck.
Just don't believe it in, it will go away.
Rocks!!

JasonCleghorn
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by JasonCleghorn » Jul 22 2015 11:23 am

Sredfield wrote:On a somewhat possibly related topic, this month's Smithsonian has a very sobering article on climate change. To summarize succinctly, it's going to suck.
It is not a coincidence that the "World"/governments, etc. are talking about colonization efforts, their possibility, where, when, how, etc.

Fact is that some day the planet will simply cease to be habitable anymore. Someday, this will have to be addressed, etc. What you're seeing is subtle acknowledgement among those in power of this fact.
Follow me on Instagram: hikingjason
"It's not the mountains that we conquer, but ourselves"
"HAZ is not a meet-up group. Unless you're in the IN group, then its a meet-up group"

AZLumberjack
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ.

Post by AZLumberjack » Jul 23 2015 5:18 am

Jason Cleghorn wrote:Fact is that some day the planet will simply cease to be habitable anymore.
The real fact is that this has happened in the past. If mankind is to exist, many lifestyles must change. In the end, nature will win and begin the slow process of restoring the planet once again.
On every trip into the Superstitions, I find another Gold Mine. Today the mine was filled with Memories. I can not wait for the next trip.

chumley
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by chumley » Jul 23 2015 6:37 am

mnlumberjack wrote: In the end, nature will win and begin the slow process of restoring the planet once again.
Yup. Momma Earf will kill most of us off soon enough. All the problems are solved that way. Cheers! Have a great day! :pk:
Profound observer

Return to “Geology”