Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
BEEBEE
City, State: Mesa AZ

Missing hiker Superstition Mountains

Post by BEEBEE » Nov 14 2011 9:09 am

Posted: 7:48 AM
APACHE JUNCTION, AZ - Authorities are searching for a missing hiker this morning in the Superstition Mountains.

According to Maricopa County Sheriff’s spokesman Jeff Sprong, it was reported Sunday night that a 26-year-old man was supposed to be back from his hike but hasn’t returned.

MCSO located his vehicle at the first water trailhead and....
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_so ... z1dhGBpcU1
"I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts."

BEEBEE

Re: Missing hiker Superstition Mountains

Post by BEEBEE » Nov 14 2011 9:10 am

I hope everything turns out okay
"I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts."

BEEBEE

Post by BEEBEE » Nov 14 2011 9:14 am

UPDATE!

Sprong confirmed with ABC15 the man was found around 9 a.m. Monday at the Canyon Lake Marina in OK condition.

He didn't need any medical assistance, Sprong said

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_so ... z1dhHVGXm4

hippiepunkpirate
City, State: Peoria, AZ

Post by hippiepunkpirate » Nov 14 2011 10:18 am

"The hiker is experienced with no known medical conditions. It was the man’s first time hiking in the area, Sprong said."

Sounds like he got lost on the trails, being that his car was at First Water, but he ended up at the Canyon Lake TH. Not that such a thing couldn't happen to me, but I have a hunch that he didn't research/prepare for his hike well enough, or have proper equipment to navigate out there. Glad he's okay though.
My website: Mountain Tripper
I also write for: Territory Supply

BEEBEE

Post by BEEBEE » Nov 14 2011 10:23 am

My thought was the same started from first water finally made it to Canyon and went to the Marina to get some help getting back to his car or call a friend from a pay phone

big_load
City, State: Andover, NJ

Post by big_load » Nov 14 2011 4:26 pm

Great outcome!

Return to “Missing Hikers”