Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
SuperstitionGuy
Retired Reminiscer
City, State: Apache Junction, Arizona

Jason Corneveaux Missing Since November 5th 2014

Post by SuperstitionGuy » Nov 09 2014 6:24 am

November 10th - Update
Please read the following flyer and keep a lookout for Jason Corneveaux or his vehicle.
corneveaux.JPG
Note: should be approached with great caution
A man's body may grow old, but inside his spirit can still be as young and restless as ever.
- Garth McCann from the movie Second Hand Lions

Another victim of Pixel Trivia.

Current avatar courtesy of Snakemarks

RowdyandMe
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Deer Valley, AZ

Re: Missing Husband November 7 2014

Post by RowdyandMe » Nov 09 2014 7:29 am

So sad, but it sounds like his wife had no clue where he went hiking.
Rowdy and Widowmaker

SuperstitionGuy
Retired Reminiscer

Post by SuperstitionGuy » Nov 09 2014 10:12 pm

Another website article reported that he was suicidal and should be approached with great caution.
A man's body may grow old, but inside his spirit can still be as young and restless as ever.

azbackpackr
River Paddler
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Post by azbackpackr » Nov 10 2014 5:28 am

I can't find the other article you mentioned but found that he's a landscape photographer with a webpage. Odd that the wife never put HIS NAME at the top of the list of what people are to look for! She mentions his first name in the text of one of her posts, so I figured his last name is the same as hers. When I worked SAR in the White Mtns. we didn't get called out until the vehicle was found, and that was always the sheriff's responsibility. Not sure how it is other areas.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

outdoor_lover
Dangling Kokopelli
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by outdoor_lover » Nov 10 2014 9:55 am

azbackpackr wrote:Odd that the wife never put HIS NAME at the top of the list of what people are to look for!
I find it a little odd that the only Photo circulating is one with his back turned and showing the Truck...You would think that a decent Photo of HIM would be put up somewhere...He looks like 7000 other guys in that Photo...Actually, if you put the right hat on him, that could be Owen.... ;)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

trekkin_gecko
Capra Collisopelli
City, State: phoenix, az

Post by trekkin_gecko » Nov 10 2014 9:58 am

how do you access this information if you're not on facebook?

outdoor_lover
Dangling Kokopelli

Post by outdoor_lover » Nov 10 2014 10:07 am

@trekkin gecko
Good Question since there is nothing about it on their Webpage and actually the only place I've heard about this at all is here and the only information I've seen on it is on SSAR's FB Page, posted on there by someone else....This is just interesting....No other News has popped up about this anywhere....
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

big_load
You talkin' to me peli
City, State: Andover, NJ

Post by big_load » Nov 10 2014 11:11 am

I can't see the Facebook page, but it it seems odd if there isn't a better photo than is described or a more widely publicized notice.

JoelHazelton
Luminosopelli
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by JoelHazelton » Nov 10 2014 12:00 pm

After poking around a bit it looks like the majority of the info is on her personal FB page. Jodie Corneveaux. At this point it seems the search is focused on SW Utah and the AZ Strip area. This is according to what I can view on her personal Facebook wall. Not necessarily an accurate update on the situation.
"Arizona is the land of contrast... You can go from Minnesota to California in a matter of minutes, then have Mexican food that night." -Jack Dykinga

http://www.joelhazelton.com

JoelHazelton
Luminosopelli
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by JoelHazelton » Nov 10 2014 12:03 pm

Just realized something: Jason Corneveaux is member Caddymob here on HAZ.

profile.php?u=30344&ID=2
"Arizona is the land of contrast... You can go from Minnesota to California in a matter of minutes, then have Mexican food that night." -Jack Dykinga

http://www.joelhazelton.com

big_load
You talkin' to me peli

Post by big_load » Nov 10 2014 12:17 pm

I hope he's OK, and I hope they get some better help finding him.

azbackpackr
River Paddler

Post by azbackpackr » Nov 10 2014 5:12 pm

It all seems very odd and unprofessional to me. But, to give law enforcement some credit, they have no starting point, so what is a sheriff to do? It costs money to commit resources, and until someone finds the vehicle there is nothing they can do. They can alert the public and the rangers in various areas to be on the lookout for the vehicle.

I did see a photo of the guy, can't remember where, it was on one of the FB pages I looked at. I looked at several, including his.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians

outdoor_lover
Dangling Kokopelli

Post by outdoor_lover » Nov 10 2014 7:52 pm

This Poster was just Posted on the Pinal County Search and Rescue Site....It's certainly a lot more "Visual" Information and more accurate than what seemed to be Posted before...More Essential Information included as well....
Missing Poster.JPG

big_load
You talkin' to me peli

Post by big_load » Nov 10 2014 8:07 pm

@Outdoor Lover
That's a step in the right direction. I was hoping to see more Sheriff's bulletins and media notices. There's a story about my great-grandfather that started out something like this. It ended happily.

SuperstitionGuy
Retired Reminiscer

Re: Jason Corneveaux Missing Since November 5th 2014

Post by SuperstitionGuy » Nov 10 2014 8:26 pm

Outdoor Lover wrote:Actually, if you put the right hat on him, that could be Owen....
Wrong truck and no red cape. ;)
It's interesting however that he is a member of HAZ although he hasn't posted recently.

I was out on Apache Trail today and his truck was not at the Fish Creek bridge, Tortilla trailhead or the discontinued road that was bypassed many years ago.

outdoor_lover
Dangling Kokopelli

Post by outdoor_lover » Nov 10 2014 8:56 pm

I sent the Flyer to a Friend who's up in the Vermilion Cliffs/Wave/Coyote Buttes Area...If he's up there, maybe my Friend can spot the Vehicle at least....

neilends
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Scottsdale

Post by neilends » Nov 10 2014 10:23 pm

I have Veterans Day off and have a 4x4. Anyone following this search closely enough to offer random suggestions for a hike I should pick tomorrow, that could cover an area he hasn't been looked for in yet?
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." --John Adams

azbackpackr
River Paddler

Post by azbackpackr » Nov 11 2014 4:59 am

neilends wrote:I have Veterans Day off and have a 4x4. Anyone following this search closely enough to offer random suggestions for a hike I should pick tomorrow, that could cover an area he hasn't been looked for in yet?
I would suggest also looking at his webpage for places he's gone to take photos. http://corneveaux.com/gallery2/main.php

chumley
budding artist
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by chumley » Nov 11 2014 6:41 am

I would suggest nobody make any attempt to "help" without contacting the proper authorities first.
smoke it

azbackpackr
River Paddler

Post by azbackpackr » Nov 11 2014 7:12 am

chumley wrote:I would suggest nobody make any attempt to "help" without contacting the proper authorities first.
Probably a good suggestion.

Return to “Missing Hikers”