AZLOT69
City, State: Gold Canyon, AZ

Backpacker Magazine

Post by AZLOT69 » Sep 08 2009 7:05 pm

If you go to website-Deekins.com
use promotion code junbp,
you can get a year of Backpacker for $3.99
super deal !
It's best for a man to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open his mouth and remove all doubt.
--Mark Twain

dysfunction
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Re: Backpacker Magazine

Post by dysfunction » Nov 03 2009 10:03 pm

Ya know, I can't stand using my laptop in bed. Hurts my eyes after a while too.
mike

"Solvitur ambulando" or maybe by brewers.

Jeffshadows
City, State: Old Pueblo

Post by Jeffshadows » Nov 04 2009 9:49 am

azpride wrote:
azbackpackr wrote:Plus, you can't take the computer and lie down on the bed and read yourself to sleep in the evening.
I do it all the time with my laptop :D Get a laptop and print media will quickly become obsolete (although I still have subscriptions to AZ Highways, Backpacker, Outdoor Photographer and AZ Wildlife Views). ;)
I hear you on this, but I actually like coming home and not dealing with a computer screen. Plus, I would argue print photography is still far superior to experience as compared to the same image on an LCD screen or whatever...Mac is coming a long way, though.
AD-AVGVSTA-PER-ANGVSTA

JoelHazelton
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by JoelHazelton » Nov 04 2009 10:38 am

You're right, print photography is far superior, which is why I have my AZ Highways subscription. Plus the veteran photographers that I love in that mag (Dykinga, Prentice, McDonald) have crappy websites with low quality scans, so I have to see them in print to enjoy. Backpacker also has some nice images, but it's all stock. I prefer to see names next to the photos.

It's true that Mac is coming a long way, but their big lcd monitors cost an arm and a leg. ](*,)
"Arizona is the land of contrast... You can go from Minnesota to California in a matter of minutes, then have Mexican food that night." -Jack Dykinga

http://www.joelhazelton.com

dysfunction

Post by dysfunction » Nov 04 2009 10:40 am

yea, but the output to a plasma looks just about as good as the build in LED backlit panel on my macbook pro to be honest. Although I think that's the more accurate black rendering than anything else
mike

"Solvitur ambulando" or maybe by brewers.

Jeffshadows
City, State: Old Pueblo

Post by Jeffshadows » Nov 04 2009 10:48 am

azpride wrote:It's true that Mac is coming a long way, but their big lcd monitors cost an arm and a leg. ](*,)
I know it but they sure do have nice image quality. My sister has one so every-so-often I'll go over there and live vicariously! :D
AD-AVGVSTA-PER-ANGVSTA

fricknaley

Post by fricknaley » Nov 04 2009 11:56 am

azpride wrote:You're right, print photography is far superior, which is why I have my AZ Highways subscription. Plus the veteran photographers that I love in that mag (Dykinga, Prentice, McDonald) have crappy websites with low quality scans, so I have to see them in print to enjoy. Backpacker also has some nice images, but it's all stock. I prefer to see names next to the photos.
amen brother!
hi

maxpower

Backpacker Magazine

Post by maxpower » Nov 15 2010 1:25 pm

For those that read the paper copy, I offer this. Your results may vary from this website, but for the price I figured I'd take a chance. I hope it's OK to post a link here?

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/fe6 ... oupon-code

They are offering the magazine subscription for $5.98 for two years (plus 54 cents AZ sales tax). Go to the link, follow the subscription sign up, and enter the code word BACKPACK to obtain the reduced rate. We'll see in 2 or 3 months if I end up getting my subscription. FWIW, I did enter a phony telephone number to cut down on the chances of telemarketer calls. Plus I used a web-based email address (yahoo) to keep the spam out of my regular mail box.

Andy679
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by Andy679 » Nov 15 2010 4:10 pm

Great magazine and will try this with the "less spam" options!

Return to “Magazine”