Redflex Corruption

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Jim_H
City, State: Rancho Relaxo

Redflex Corruption

Post by Jim_H »

I got a ticket in the mail yesterday. Here is the "evidence" against me. If I were doing 79 in the 65 as claimed, I would have been in the trunk of the car in front of me. I am car #2 behind the truck. A car from Colorado is passing me, and he may have been going 79, but I don't know. If he was, it looks like I got his ticket.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH3NTQrE12k

AZDPS and Redflex are clearly lying about the quality control they claim to do, and they have no problems sending a ticket to an innocent victim to help tighten the budget problem and fatten the corporate profits. If they looked at the videos as they claim to do, I never would have gotten this.

Something tells me I am not the first person to whom this has happened. Is anyone interested in starting a class action lawsuit against a company which gathers evidence for the state without a private investigators license, and has profit as its motive behind "law enforcement"?
Reaching new standards in excelence.
joebartels
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Redflex and AZDPS corruption

Post by joebartels »

big_load wrote:You'd think speeders were footing the whole state budget.
With a true working system I'm down with that 100%. You would think the extra revenue created from properly running the system would suffice to fix it...

I'd vote for eliminating my taxes by means of true criminal payback in any sector. The possibility of getting a check back would be sweet too! Of course you'd be bummed when crime curtails :lol:

If Janet would pay back the millions she wasted in renaming a peak and freeway I'd have an extra sweet Christmas!
- joe
Dschur
City, State: Payson, AZ

Post by Dschur »

We have not seen any on the Beeline yet the mobile ones from Payson to Phx or back and drive it monday-friday. The ones in Star Valley are run by the city and at first they handed the Payson PD the tickets to go thru but now they have their own PD to do it...
Dawn
--On the loose to climb a mountain, on the loose where I am free. On the loose to live my life the way I think my life should be...For we only have a moment and a whole world yet to see...I'll be looking for tomorrow on the loose. ---unknown--
big_load
City, State: Andover, NJ

Post by big_load »

Dschur wrote:We have not seen any on the Beeline yet
I saw one. Just a mile after that, a car pulling a giant trailer passed me going about 85 downhill on a tight turn. I hope he got nailed. He seemed on the hairy edge of maintaining control.
azbackpackr
City, State: Flagstaff AZ

Post by azbackpackr »

Where on I-40? Is that a new thing? I haven't been to Flag since May. Last time I was on I-40 was in July, and went only as far as Winslow.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.
big_load

Post by big_load »

I don't remember the I-40 ones as well, but they were mostly close to Flagstaff. One was shortly after the ramp from I-17.
JimmyLyding
City, State: Walnut Creek, CA

Post by JimmyLyding »

I saw one on the westbound I-40 just west of Flag when I did Bill Williams Mtn a few months back. I was driving my mom's car, and I seriously considered stepping on the accelerator right before I passed it.
snakemarks
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ

Post by snakemarks »

big_load wrote:
Dschur wrote:We have not seen any on the Beeline yet
I saw one. Just a mile after that, a car pulling a giant trailer passed me going about 85 downhill on a tight turn. I hope he got nailed. He seemed on the hairy edge of maintaining control.
If you've ever driven anything REALLY BIG on the Beeline (or similar roadway), you'd know that the only chance you have of making it up the next incline is by picking up enough speed on the decline to get you through it. Otherwise, you wind up crawling to the top at 1 mph and plenty of people would complain about that, too.
I'm at home in the wilderness... it's civilization I have problems with! ](*,)
joebartels
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by joebartels »

I must be getting old... I'd vote for the 1mph scenario over out of control
- joe
dysfunction
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Post by dysfunction »

In response to snakemarks:
this is why when I did, I drove a diesel :y:
mike

"Solvitur ambulando" or maybe by brewers.
chumley
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by chumley »

Last time I saw a near-out of control trailer on the Beeline, I had the pleasure of witnessing him get completely out-of-control. He was lucky to walk away after rolling three times. His trailer (loaded with quads ... and apparently fuel) was not as fortunate.
11-11-04
11-11-04
Championing breakfast since 1994.
big_load

Post by big_load »

joe bartels wrote: must be getting old... I'd vote for the 1mph scenario over out of control
Same here. I try to drive according to the local conventions, but getting home safe is always a top priority. I also don't begrudge anyone storing some momentum for the next uphill, but my attitude changes when they enter a part of my lane that I'm still using. Being a Jersey driver, my vocabulary gets a pretty good workout in a situation like that.
azbackpackr

Post by azbackpackr »

big_load wrote:Being a Jersey driver, my vocabulary gets a pretty good workout in a situation like that.
:D
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
PaleoRob
City, State: Grand Junction, CO

Post by PaleoRob »

I have never seen one north of Flag. I guess not enough chances to make money on 89, even leading to the Canyon huh?
"The only thing we did was wrong was staying in the wilderness to long...the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight..."
-Old Spiritual
My book, The Marauders on Lulu and Amazon
Jim_H

Post by Jim_H »

I had my "day in court" today. I showed up, signed in and within 8 minutes the court clerk, or what ever, came out and had me sign some papers agreeing to the decision by the court to have the case dismissed. I had my video and was all prepared to talk to the prosecutor, but this is just as good. Obviously, it was dismissed because the Redflex employee didn't show up, but in the end it's all the same. The funny thing about all this, in the 3 letters I got from the state on the matter, every single one of them included the same form urging me to pay. What's the photo enforcement really about?
azbackpackr

Post by azbackpackr »

FYI there are two in the Show Low area now. The one I saw on Sat. was closer to Wagon Wheel. It actually was on a vehicle, and the only sign announcing it that I noticed was on the vehicle itself. I am not sure where the other one is but I think it is on the Deuce. If I see it next Sat. when I go over there again, I will post its location.

Edit: It is Redflex, and it will be moved around, according to the Show Low Police Dept. website. So I must have seen it in Show Low, not Wagon Wheel.
PLC92084
City, State: Vista, CA

Post by PLC92084 »

Mobile Photo Enforcement!! What a concept!! Since we all know these devices have nothing to do with "safety" and everything to do with cash generation, it's convenient they can be moved if revenue drops at any location... I'm surprised CA hasn't already followed in the steps of AZDPS (probably tied up with an Environmental Impact study...).
Jim_H

Post by Jim_H »

It would be one thing if they did what they claim to do and only issued tickets to people who actually were speeding, but from my case they clearly don't adhere to their "strict quality controls" and pretty much do what ever they can since they make money from the tickets. If the mobile units were actual cops there wouldn't be the issue about having signs posted to indicate their presence. I want to know how the petition to introduce a referendum to ban photo enforcement is doing. When can I vote on that?
hikeaz
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by hikeaz »

Joad Cressbeckler wrote:I had my "day in court" today. I showed up, signed in and within 8 minutes the court clerk, or what ever, came out and had me sign some papers agreeing to the decision by the court to have the case dismissed. I had my video and was all prepared to talk to the prosecutor, but this is just as good. Obviously, it was dismissed because the Redflex employee didn't show up, but in the end it's all the same. The funny thing about all this, in the 3 letters I got from the state on the matter, every single one of them included the same form urging me to pay. What's the photo enforcement really about?
THIS is what it's about....

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
---Benjamin Franklin
"The censorship method ... is that of handing the job over to some frail and erring mortal man, and making him omnipotent on the assumption that his official status will make him infallible and omniscient."
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
Jim_H

Post by Jim_H »

It's about bovine excrement meters? We need to fund the bovine excrement meter budget to buy more meters to detect bovine excrement in our water? :sl:
trekkin_gecko
City, State: phoenix, az

Post by trekkin_gecko »

i got flashed three times in the past year:
one in paradise valley for a red light violation
one in tempe for speeding
one in phoenix for a red light violation
i ignored all three and somehow avoided being served and after 120 days they went away
since the second red light violation, i have improved my driving habits
red light running is not cool
i'm just happy to have saved the $900 or so

Return to “Political”