South Mountain parking on street - Warpaint Trailhead

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides  • Corona de Loma Trail, AZ  • Corona Loop, AZ
Linked Areas none
syoung
City, State: Mesa, AZ

South Mountain parking on street - Warpaint Trailhead

Post by syoung » Dec 08 2016 4:14 pm

I stumbled upon this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QooIhVl ... e=youtu.be on a different forum. Quite an interesting character.

More info here: http://www.ahwatukee.com/columns/safe_d ... 9a1e6.html

cw50must
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Re: South Mountain parking on street - Warpaint Trailhead

Post by cw50must » Dec 09 2016 8:45 am

Yeah I saw that on another forum too. The no parking areas that have been there for years work, there is no need for further restriction. Rumor is its from the "new guy" on the block.

ddgrunning
City, State: Gilbert, AZ

Post by ddgrunning » Dec 09 2016 3:57 pm

@syoung
video is now unavailable (?)

Grimey
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Grimey » Dec 09 2016 8:05 pm

Video working for me.

Sadly I have watched this coming for some time at Warpaint. You can see the moneyed people trying to box the public out. They want their own private 17,000 acre park. It will get worse.

I wouldn't call this person "interesting". I'd call him what he is but it would likely get me banned.

ddgrunning
City, State: Gilbert, AZ

Post by ddgrunning » Dec 12 2016 3:05 pm

Video is working now.

So, there are some no parking signs on the east side of the street (placed by the city), but none on the west--just a vigilante developer attempting to intimidate folks?

I've seen some residential areas with no parking signs for hikers further west, near the Pyramid TH, and have wondered whether they are enforceable--or just prophylactic. It's not clear who put them up--the city or the HOA ....

no avatar
SaguaroToSomo
City, State: Mesa,AZ

Post by SaguaroToSomo » Dec 13 2016 1:01 pm

Wow -- I didn't know that no-parking signs were already being put up. I just knew that the developer was getting aggressive in being un-welcoming to all of us who use Warpaint. The subject came up at our table at last week's Trails Master Plan workshop, and in the map comments we made sure to emphasize that Warpaint is essential as a trailhead. Otherwise, there's really nothing between Pima Canyon and the Telegraph Pass trailhead -- so the city can plan all the trail improvements they want on the south side of the park, but nobody can get there easily to use them. Thanks for posting this -- and if anything new comes up about this, I'd love to see it posted too; I'd be glad to make my voice heard about keeping Warpaint.

LindaAnn
City, State: Ahwatukee, AZ

Post by LindaAnn » Dec 13 2016 1:09 pm

The issue was resolved last month. Parking on the west side of the street is perfectly fine. Those signs came down. Parking is still not permitted on the east side of the street. Many thanks to Phx city councilman Sal DiCiccio for his immediate response in resolving the parking problem last month.

RowdyandMe
City, State: Deer Valley, AZ

Post by RowdyandMe » Dec 13 2016 7:18 pm

Rowdy and Widowmaker

Return to “Political”