Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
Dschur
Fossil Kokopelli
City, State: Payson, AZ

Schultz Pass Road

Postby Dschur » Oct 12 2017 12:01 pm

For those panning on outdoor activities off Schultz Pass Road this Saturday, October 14th, 225 runners will be participating in the sold out 18th Soulstice Mountain Trail Run staged at the Sunset Trailhead. This event is permitted by the Coconino National Forest, beginning at 8 AM. All of the proceeds from the race benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters of Flagstaff mentoring programs.

The race course uses the Pipeline Road (aka Seven Sisters), Old Weatherford Road, Sunset Trail, Upper Brookbank, Little Gnarly and the Upper Schultz Creek Trail above the "Lincoln Logs." While the trails are open to the public during this time, we would appreciate hikers/bikers holding off until 10 AM before visiting the trails.

All trails should be clear of most runners by 10:30 AM and the staging area at Sunset Trailhead will be emptying out by noon.

There will be cars parked on the south side of Schultz Pass Road near the entrance to the Sunset Trailhead, however, the Schultz Tank parking area will be open and race participants are not allowed to park there. Please drive with caution through this area if you are heading up Schultz Pass Road during this time period.
Dawn
--On the loose to climb a mountain, on the loose where I am free. On the loose to live my life the way I think my life should be...For we only have a moment and a whole world yet to see...I'll be looking for tomorrow on the loose. ---unknown--

Tortoise_Hiker
Genuinepelli
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Re: Schultz Pass Road

Postby Tortoise_Hiker » Oct 12 2017 12:24 pm

@Dschur Have Fun and Good Luck!
Tortoise Hiking. Stop and smell the Petrichor.

Dschur
Fossil Kokopelli

Postby Dschur » Oct 12 2017 1:19 pm

Not doing it just a heads up for other people.. I am doing the 10K trail run (walk that is) in Payson this weekend..
Dawn

--On the loose to climb a mountain, on the loose where I am free. On the loose to live my life the way I think my life should be...For we only have a moment and a whole world yet to see...I'll be looking for tomorrow on the loose. ---unknown--

xthine
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Sedona, AZ

Postby xthine » Oct 16 2017 1:52 pm

Nice heads up! It was my first time running Soulstice last weekend and it was very well organized, by the time we left the race there was still a lot of parking at the trailhead. Only saw a couple of hikers near the end, saw about 2 mountain bikers (that im sure wished they picked another day to be ride that trail lol) on the sprint course.

Dschur
Fossil Kokopelli

Postby Dschur » Oct 16 2017 4:07 pm

I know the race organizer Neil W. Have been friends with him for a number of years now..
Dawn

Return to “Road Conditions”