Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
hikeaz
City, State: Tempe, AZ

I-17

Post by hikeaz » Feb 20 2018 9:03 am

Short closures on I-17 today
Drivers north of Phoenix will face brief freeway closures Tuesday that will allow a road crew to clear away rocks.

The Arizona Department of Transportation announced Interstate 17 North near Black Canyon City would be blocked off around 10:30 a.m. for about 15 minutes, maybe less. More work would be done at the same site around 1 p.m., lasting 15 min. +/- as well.

Southbound lanes near Sunset Point would follow suit at noon. That closure was expected to last an hour.
Last edited by joebartels on Feb 20 2018 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: subject of topic in "Road Conditions" should be the road moving forward not a new topic for every announcement
kurt

SuperstitionGuy
City, State: Apache Junction, Arizona

Re: I-17

Post by SuperstitionGuy » Feb 20 2018 9:39 am

Drivers north of Phoenix will face brief freeway closures Tuesday that will allow a road crew to clear away rocks.

Well like Joe says, "Hike Arizona it's rocks" :y: . My version....
A man's body may grow old, but inside his spirit can still be as young and restless as ever.
- Garth McCann from the movie Second Hand Lions

Another victim of Pixel Trivia.

Current avatar courtesy of Snakemarks

hikeaz

Post by hikeaz » Sep 04 2018 4:06 pm

ROAD WORK: Pavement repair will cause lane restrictions Wednesday Sept. 5, 2018 between noon and 6 p.m. on NB I-17 roughly 10 miles north of SR 69. The right lane, then the left, will be closed between mileposts 270 and 273. Speed limit will be 35 mph.
kurt

joebartels
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by joebartels » Jun 20 2019 10:33 am

Closures of Interstate 17, Pinnacle Peak Road scheduled to begin Friday; drivers should allow extra time and prepare for detours
Additional nighttime lane restrictions on I-17 set to begin late Sunday

Interstate 17 is scheduled to close late Friday, June 21, and Saturday, June 22, as crews set girders for a new bridge at Pinnacle Peak Road in north Phoenix. Pinnacle Peak Road also will be closed in both directions at I-17. Drivers should plan for delays and be prepared to use detours while the following south- and northbound closures are in place:

Southbound I-17 will be closed at Pinnacle Peak Road from 10 p.m. Friday, June 21, to 7 a.m. Saturday, June 22. Detours: Drivers can detour along the southbound I-17 off- and on-ramps at Pinnacle Peak Road or consider exiting at eastbound Happy Valley Road and using southbound 19th Avenue to westbound Deer Valley Road to reconnect with southbound I-17.
Northbound I-17 will be closed at Pinnacle Peak Road from 10 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday, June 23. Detours: Drivers can detour along the northbound Pinnacle Peak Road off- and on-ramps or consider exiting at eastbound Deer Valley Road and using northbound 19th Avenue to westbound Happy Valley Road to reconnect with northbound I-17.
Pinnacle Peak Road will be closed in both directions at I-17 from 9 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday, and from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday. Detours:
To access westbound Pinnacle Peak Road, use northbound 23rd Avenue to westbound Happy Valley Road to 43rd Avenue.
To access eastbound Pinnacle Peak Road, use southbound 35th Avenue to eastbound Deer Valley Road to 19th Avenue.
Additional overnight lane restrictions are scheduled on I-17 beginning late Sunday, June 23, and continuing through the morning of Friday, June 28. The following restrictions are scheduled from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.

Northbound I-17 will be restricted to two lanes (right lane closed) between Deer Valley and Pinnacle Peak roads.
Southbound I-17 will be restricted to two lanes (right lane closed) between Happy Valley and Pinnacle Peak roads.
Looking ahead:

Crews are scheduled to set girders for a new bridge at Happy Valley Road and I-17 the weekend of June 28. East- and westbound Happy Valley Road will remain open, but the following I-17 closures are scheduled to be in place:

Southbound I-17 is scheduled to be closed at Happy Valley Road from 10 p.m. Friday, June 28, to 7 a.m. Saturday, June 29. Detours: Drivers can use the Happy Valley Road off- and on-ramps as a detour or use eastbound Jomax Road to southbound 19th Avenue to Pinnacle Peak Road to reconnect with southbound I-17.
Northbound I-17 is scheduled to be closed at Happy Valley Road from 10 p.m. Saturday, June 29, to 9 a.m. Sunday, June 30. Detours: Drivers can use the Happy Valley Road off- and on-ramps as a detour or use eastbound Pinnacle Peak Road to northbound 19th Avenue to Jomax Road to reconnect with northbound I-17.
unnamed.jpg
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

chumley

Re: I-17 Pinnacle Peak Closure this weekend

Post by chumley » Aug 14 2019 3:27 pm

For you HAZ people who head north on the weekend or carpool from the HVPR lot:
Interstate 17 will be closed in both directions at Pinnacle Peak Road from 10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 16, to 9 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 17. Pinnacle Peak Road will also be closed in both directions at I-17 for bridge work at the same time, along with the southbound I-17 on-ramp at Happy Valley Road and the northbound I-17 on-ramp at Pinnacle Peak Road. Drivers should plan for delays and plan to use alternate routes.
Attachments
17.jpg
Highway to hell

Return to “Road Conditions”