Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
hikeaz
City, State: Tempe, AZ

I-17

Post by hikeaz »

Short closures on I-17 today
Drivers north of Phoenix will face brief freeway closures Tuesday that will allow a road crew to clear away rocks.

The Arizona Department of Transportation announced Interstate 17 North near Black Canyon City would be blocked off around 10:30 a.m. for about 15 minutes, maybe less. More work would be done at the same site around 1 p.m., lasting 15 min. +/- as well.

Southbound lanes near Sunset Point would follow suit at noon. That closure was expected to last an hour.
Last edited by joebartels on Feb 20 2018 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: subject of topic in "Road Conditions" should be the road moving forward not a new topic for every announcement
"The censorship method ... is that of handing the job over to some frail and erring mortal man, and making him omnipotent on the assumption that his official status will make him infallible and omniscient."
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
SuperstitionGuy
City, State: Queen Creek, Arizona

Re: I-17

Post by SuperstitionGuy »

Drivers north of Phoenix will face brief freeway closures Tuesday that will allow a road crew to clear away rocks.

Well like Joe says, "Hike Arizona it's rocks" :y: . My version....
A man's body may grow old, but inside his spirit can still be as young and restless as ever.
- Garth McCann from the movie Second Hand Lions

Another victim of Pixel Trivia.

Current avatar courtesy of Snakemarks
hikeaz

Post by hikeaz »

ROAD WORK: Pavement repair will cause lane restrictions Wednesday Sept. 5, 2018 between noon and 6 p.m. on NB I-17 roughly 10 miles north of SR 69. The right lane, then the left, will be closed between mileposts 270 and 273. Speed limit will be 35 mph.
"The censorship method ... is that of handing the job over to some frail and erring mortal man, and making him omnipotent on the assumption that his official status will make him infallible and omniscient."
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
joebartels
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by joebartels »

Closures of Interstate 17, Pinnacle Peak Road scheduled to begin Friday; drivers should allow extra time and prepare for detours
Additional nighttime lane restrictions on I-17 set to begin late Sunday

Interstate 17 is scheduled to close late Friday, June 21, and Saturday, June 22, as crews set girders for a new bridge at Pinnacle Peak Road in north Phoenix. Pinnacle Peak Road also will be closed in both directions at I-17. Drivers should plan for delays and be prepared to use detours while the following south- and northbound closures are in place:

Southbound I-17 will be closed at Pinnacle Peak Road from 10 p.m. Friday, June 21, to 7 a.m. Saturday, June 22. Detours: Drivers can detour along the southbound I-17 off- and on-ramps at Pinnacle Peak Road or consider exiting at eastbound Happy Valley Road and using southbound 19th Avenue to westbound Deer Valley Road to reconnect with southbound I-17.
Northbound I-17 will be closed at Pinnacle Peak Road from 10 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday, June 23. Detours: Drivers can detour along the northbound Pinnacle Peak Road off- and on-ramps or consider exiting at eastbound Deer Valley Road and using northbound 19th Avenue to westbound Happy Valley Road to reconnect with northbound I-17.
Pinnacle Peak Road will be closed in both directions at I-17 from 9 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday, and from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday. Detours:
To access westbound Pinnacle Peak Road, use northbound 23rd Avenue to westbound Happy Valley Road to 43rd Avenue.
To access eastbound Pinnacle Peak Road, use southbound 35th Avenue to eastbound Deer Valley Road to 19th Avenue.
Additional overnight lane restrictions are scheduled on I-17 beginning late Sunday, June 23, and continuing through the morning of Friday, June 28. The following restrictions are scheduled from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.

Northbound I-17 will be restricted to two lanes (right lane closed) between Deer Valley and Pinnacle Peak roads.
Southbound I-17 will be restricted to two lanes (right lane closed) between Happy Valley and Pinnacle Peak roads.
Looking ahead:

Crews are scheduled to set girders for a new bridge at Happy Valley Road and I-17 the weekend of June 28. East- and westbound Happy Valley Road will remain open, but the following I-17 closures are scheduled to be in place:

Southbound I-17 is scheduled to be closed at Happy Valley Road from 10 p.m. Friday, June 28, to 7 a.m. Saturday, June 29. Detours: Drivers can use the Happy Valley Road off- and on-ramps as a detour or use eastbound Jomax Road to southbound 19th Avenue to Pinnacle Peak Road to reconnect with southbound I-17.
Northbound I-17 is scheduled to be closed at Happy Valley Road from 10 p.m. Saturday, June 29, to 9 a.m. Sunday, June 30. Detours: Drivers can use the Happy Valley Road off- and on-ramps as a detour or use eastbound Pinnacle Peak Road to northbound 19th Avenue to Jomax Road to reconnect with northbound I-17.
unnamed.jpg
- joe
chumley

Re: I-17 Pinnacle Peak Closure this weekend

Post by chumley »

For you HAZ people who head north on the weekend or carpool from the HVPR lot:
Interstate 17 will be closed in both directions at Pinnacle Peak Road from 10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 16, to 9 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 17. Pinnacle Peak Road will also be closed in both directions at I-17 for bridge work at the same time, along with the southbound I-17 on-ramp at Happy Valley Road and the northbound I-17 on-ramp at Pinnacle Peak Road. Drivers should plan for delays and plan to use alternate routes.
Attachments
17.jpg
33s over 45s
hikeaz

Post by hikeaz »

Several miles of southbound I-17 in the Black Canyon City area will be shut down overnight Tuesday 1/15/20 and Wednesday 1/16/20 while crews install concrete barrier, the Arizona Department of Transportation announced.
The highway will be closed from Sunset Point (milepost 252) to Bumble Bee Road (milepost 248) from 10 p.m. Tuesday to 2 a.m. Wednesday and from 10 p.m. Wednesday to 2 a.m. Thursday.
Northbound traffic will not be affected.
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
hikeaz

Post by hikeaz »

Northbound I-17 will be closed between Dunlap Avenue and Cactus Road from 11:30 p.m. Friday, July 10, to 5 a.m. Monday, July 13, for pavement work. The northbound I-17 on-ramp at Northern Avenue also will be closed.
Drivers should allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes while northbound I-17 is closed. Traffic will detour along the northbound I-17 frontage road between Dunlap Avenue and Cactus Road. Heavy backups and delays should be expected.
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
outdoor_lover
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by outdoor_lover »

If you are traveling north on I-17 tomorrow, between Dugas and Camp Verde, check for Closures for a Fire.

If you are traveling south on I-17 from Flagstaff, check for Closures between Flagstaff and the Sedona Exit and again between Camp Verde and Dugas.

It took me 4 1/2 hours to get home tonight from Flag. Southbound I-17 was closed 21 miles south of Flagstaff at MM 330 for undisclosed reason. Everyone going south was routed through Sedona. Between the 200 cars I was with being rerouted, rush hour in Sedona (is there such a thing?) and the fact that Sedona doesn't know there's a Pandemic, it took me 1 1/2 hours to get from the top of Oak Creek Canyon to I-17. Notice what looked like smoke hanging over Sedona and thought that was the reason for the closure, but nope. Get on I-17 and realize that the origin of the smoke is still ahead of me what looked to be just over the big hill past Camp Verde. The Fire was along Northbound I-17 starting just after you top out of the hill and went to about 3 miles north of the Dugas Exit. Hard to tell whether the fire started at the Freeway and went east or started east and they stopped it at the Freeway. It was incredibly smokey going southbound and it looked like they were shutting down northbound just as I passed because it was really smokey there and there was 20 Fire Vehicles running back and forth on that side as well.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"
chumley

Post by chumley »

33s over 45s
outdoor_lover

Post by outdoor_lover »

@chumley
Thanks. I started home from south Flag around 4:00 or so. I'm not on Twitter, lol Too tired when I got home to check to see what it was about, just thought I'd warn people to check.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"
Alston_Neal
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Alston_Neal »

outdoor_lover wrote:Thanks. I started home from south Flag around 4:00
That was you that passed us like we were going backward?
Semifunctional adult

Our humble abode..
http://www.oldterritorialshop.com
outdoor_lover

Post by outdoor_lover »

@Alston_Neal
No, that was the Motorcycle going down Oak Creek Canyon. What an idiot. Must be a California Freeway Driver.
hikeaz

Post by hikeaz »

Northbound I-17 closed between Cactus and Thunderbird roads from 2 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 20) for pavement work. Northbound I-17 on-ramps at Dunlap and Peoria avenues also closed.
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
azbackpackr
City, State: Flagstaff AZ

Post by azbackpackr »

@hikeaz
I'll be driving from Flag to Tucson on Monday, midday. I plan on checking Arizona 511. But if you hear anything further about 17, please post. Thanks.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.
hikeaz

Post by hikeaz »

azbackpackr wrote: Jul 18 2020 9:13 am @hikeaz
I'll be driving from Flag to Tucson on Monday, midday. I plan on checking Arizona 511. But if you hear anything further about 17, please post. Thanks.
Crash/Incident
I17 @ MP B XX ,BCC
I17 @ MP 238 SB XX ,BCC - vehicle on fire - Black Canyon City
Start Time Jul 20 2020, 10:35 AM
Last Updated Jul 20 2020, 10:36 AM
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
big_load
City, State: Andover, NJ

Post by big_load »

hikeaz wrote: Jul 20 2020 10:48 am
azbackpackr wrote: Jul 18 2020 9:13 am @hikeaz
Crash/Incident
I17 @ MP B XX ,BCC
I17 @ MP 238 SB XX ,BCC - vehicle on fire - Black Canyon City
Start Time Jul 20 2020, 10:35 AM
Last Updated Jul 20 2020, 10:36 AM
Isn't that pretty much a daily occurrence?
hikeaz

Post by hikeaz »

yep... we get more than our share of car-be-que
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
azbackpackr
City, State: Flagstaff AZ

Post by azbackpackr »

@hikeaz
Thanks for the post! But I had this notion to go the "back way." I probably won't be doing that again, since it took 6.5 hours! Leaving Flag at 11 a.m., I went down Lake Mary Road to 87, passed through Payson. Turned onto 188. Interesting seeing results of Bush Fire near Roosevelt Lake. Then on to Globe, where I went to that fancy taco joint Campana del Taco (look it up!), and then on down to the Old Pueblo via 77. It was a nice tour of my state, but it was TOO long!

I wonder if I had gone on 17, how long it would have taken me to get through?
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.
no avatar
DixieFlyer
City, State: Fountain Hills, AZ

Post by DixieFlyer »

azbackpackr wrote: Jul 21 2020 4:23 pm @hikeaz
Thanks for the post! But I had this notion to go the "back way." I probably won't be doing that again, since it took 6.5 hours!
Were you riding a horse? Google maps says the trip from Flag to Globe should take 3 hours 22 minutes.

I ALWAYS go the back way when returning to Fountain Hills from Flag. It is about the same distance as going I-17 but it is a much less stressful drive; plus there is less likelihood of something crazy that always seems to happen on I-17.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. -- Edward Abbey
chumley

Post by chumley »

@DixieFlyer
azbackpackr wrote: Jul 21 2020 4:23 pmand then on down to the Old Pueblo via 77
33s over 45s

Return to “Road Conditions”