Hwy 260 East of Payson

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Dschur
City, State: Payson, AZ

Hwy 260 East of Payson

Post by Dschur »

Highway 260 will see closures along a two-mile stretch 20 miles east of Payson at 2 p.m. Monday through Thursday until Aug. 31. The roadway will be closed for about 45 minutes each day.
Dawn
--On the loose to climb a mountain, on the loose where I am free. On the loose to live my life the way I think my life should be...For we only have a moment and a whole world yet to see...I'll be looking for tomorrow on the loose. ---unknown--
Nighthiker
City, State: Payson

Re: Hwy 260 East of Payson

Post by Nighthiker »

Thanks for posting, leaving on a camping trip and have not decided on Blue Ridge or Black Canyon Area.
jk
hikeaz
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Re: Hwy 260 East of Payson

Post by hikeaz »

SR 260 intermittent lane closures planned west of Show Low Sept. 8 - Oct. 9
Plan for possible delays up to 30 minutes

The Arizona Department of Transportation is advising drivers in northeastern Arizona to plan for weekday travel delays on State Route 260 between Show Low and Heber-Overgaard while intermittent lane closures are in place for pavement maintenance.

The work is scheduled from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays beginning Tuesday, Sept. 8, and ending Friday, Oct. 9

SR 260 will be narrowed to one lane only with alternating north- and southbound travel between 43rd Avenue in Show Low and Bison Ranch Road near Heber-Overgaard (milepost 338 to 310).
Flaggers and a pilot car will stop and guide motorists through the work zone.
Drivers should be prepared for intermittent stops and travel delays.

Also-
SR 260 will be narrowed to one lane in each direction between Huning and Willis roads in Show Low (milepost 342 to 338).
The speed limit will be reduced in the work zone.
A 15-foot vehicle-width restriction will be in place.
All lanes will reopen daily after construction work hours.
"The censorship method ... is that of handing the job over to some frail and erring mortal man, and making him omnipotent on the assumption that his official status will make him infallible and omniscient."
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW

Return to “Road Conditions”