Superior AZ Photo Radar

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
BEEBEE
City, State: Mesa AZ

Superior AZ Photo Radar

Post by BEEBEE » Jun 21 2014 4:32 pm

I just got home from the Globe area and on the way home through Superior I noticed the photo radar sites were removed in both directions
"I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts."

kingsnake
City, State: Sunnyslope, PHX

Re: Superior AZ Photo Radar

Post by kingsnake » Jun 21 2014 4:38 pm

Good thing, as I forgot where I was at and was doing 50 at the west end of town this afternoon ...
http://prestonm.com : Everyone's enjoyment of the outdoors is different and should be equally honored.

Tortoise_Hiker
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Post by Tortoise_Hiker » Jun 21 2014 7:05 pm

@kingsnake
Hmmm The ones in Show Low were covered up today.
Tortoise Hiking. Stop and smell the Petrichor.

Bradshaws
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Bradshaws » Jun 21 2014 7:17 pm

They're shutting all of them down because Phoenix is ticketing everyone before they get out of town ](*,)

I received my $240 speeding award last Wednesday :doh: and I work on they're cars!
“ you know what I think?... It doesn’t matter what I think”

kingsnake

Post by kingsnake » Jun 21 2014 7:20 pm

@Bradshaws You need a badge ... ;)
http://prestonm.com : Everyone's enjoyment of the outdoors is different and should be equally honored.

CannondaleKid

Post by CannondaleKid » Jun 21 2014 7:27 pm

kingsnake wrote:Good thing, as I forgot where I was at and was doing 50 at the west end of town this afternoon
The limit there is 45 mph so you would have been ok, they are/were set to flash at 10+ mph over the limit.

It seems in the past that even when people were only doing 45 mph, they would always slam on their brakes coming into Superior (especially on the east end) but today nobody did the brake-check and a moment later I noticed the cameras were no longer there. Of course the cameras never bothered me anyway, 45 mph is plenty fast through Superior... if the traffic actually went that fast.
CannondaleKid

CannondaleKid

Post by CannondaleKid » Jun 21 2014 7:31 pm

Bradshaws wrote:I received my $240 speeding award last Wednesday
How fast did you have to go to warrant that high a ticket? Or is that what they cost nowadays... I only ask because I've never had a ticket in AZ.
Bradshaws wrote:and I work on they're cars!
Don't let Liz catch you on that one.... (their cars) :STP:
CannondaleKid

kingsnake

Post by kingsnake » Jun 21 2014 7:32 pm

@CannondaleKid No kidding, it's usually between 35-40. I honestly believe most peope are completely unaware of the speed limit (not just there, but everywhere) ...

Bradshaws
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Bradshaws » Jun 21 2014 8:06 pm

@CannondaleKid
$200 fine and $40 court fee :? My speed....... Much faster than I should have been going :oops:

As for the there, they're and their :| I could tell anyone, anytime which one to use and when. The problem is in the connection between my brain and my fingers 8-[ I can think one thing and type something totally different :? And 99% of my post to HAZ are from my phone that autocorrects to the most random words. I catch most of them but every once and awhile one sneaks by :lol:
“ you know what I think?... It doesn’t matter what I think”

outdoor_lover
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by outdoor_lover » Jun 21 2014 10:47 pm

I wonder if the Cameras are down in Globe too...I would still watch my Speed going into Miami from Superior as the stretch just before the Cemetery all the way into Miami seems to entertain a lot of Patrolmen and they are always busy through there....
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

BEEBEE

Post by BEEBEE » Jun 22 2014 7:04 am

From what I read Redflex is loosing contracts all over the state. I did not see anything about Globe but Show Low and Prescott Valley are also going photo enforcement dark.
"I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts."

The_Eagle
City, State: Far NE Phoenix, Az

Post by The_Eagle » Jun 22 2014 7:09 am

@BEEBEE
How about Star Valley, east of Payson? I know that one's nailed more than a few HAZers
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
Dave Barry

BEEBEE

Post by BEEBEE » Jun 22 2014 8:02 am

The Eagle wrote:@BEEBEE
How about Star Valley, east of Payson? I know that one's nailed more than a few HAZers
Nothing that I saw but from what I read when trying to find info on Superior it appears that Redflex is having some trouble so who knows what the future of photo enforcement will be in the state. I have not been hit with one and I don't agree with the program at all so I am happy to see them coming down.

MtnBart01
City, State: Chipita Park, Co

Post by MtnBart01 » Jun 22 2014 10:10 am

@The Eagle I'm sure that one is still there. That whole worthless "newest town in Az." is developed around the Jack Ass who was responsible for getting Scottsdale freeway cameras put in retiring in Star Valley.
LET IT SNOW! Let it SNOW! Let it Snow!

CannondaleKid

Post by CannondaleKid » Jun 22 2014 11:28 am

Bradshaws wrote:As for the there, they're and their :| I could tell anyone, anytime which one to use and when. The problem is in the connection between my brain and my fingers 8-[ I can think one thing and type something totally different :?
I definitley here you their...
See what I mean?!! ](*,)
Although that is what my fingers typed, my mind actually sent the message I definitely hear you there out to my fingers...
Now whether 1. they are hard of hearing, 2. they are simply messing with my mind, or 3. the connections are breaking down due to age, I don't know.
But I think I'll go with #2 at this point. ;)
CannondaleKid

CannondaleKid

Post by CannondaleKid » Jun 22 2014 11:45 am

Outdoor Lover wrote:just before the Cemetery all the way into Miami seems to entertain a lot of Patrolmen and
Yes, I've noticed that as well, in fact yesterday on the way to Globe I saw DPS a vehicle pulled over at the bottom of the hill.

Maybe the patrolmen like the peacefulness of the cemetery while they wait for speeders...
CannondaleKid

Trishness
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ

Post by Trishness » Jun 22 2014 1:58 pm

The Eagle wrote:@BEEBEE
I drove through Star Valley three weeks ago and the cameras were still there.
Trish-Kabob

"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds" Ed Abbey

chumley
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by chumley » Jun 22 2014 8:24 pm

@Trishness
As of today all four are still active in Star Valley.
Profound observer

Return to “Road Conditions”