Headline Vehicles

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
chumley
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Headline Vehicles

Post by chumley »

A 38-foot RV pulling a sedan became stuck on Lime Creek Road for about a week north of Durango in the San Juan Mountains.

https://www.durangoherald.com/articles/ ... reek-road/
The RV sat precariously on the edge of the road, with about a 400-foot drop to the driver’s left. The driver stayed the entire week with his RV, unwilling to leave his stuff, said Brad Klipping, a mountain biker who came upon the scene Thursday.

He was also unwilling to detach his car, believing it was helping anchor the RV to the road, Klipping said. No cars were able to pass, he said.

“I can’t image how he got that far,” Klipping said.

The driver slept under a tarp, apparently unwilling to stay in the RV perched on the dirt road. “It was kind of unstable, the vehicle was,” Barger said.
@louie ... you been in Durango? : wink : :-k :sweat:
33s over 45s
Grimey
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Headline Vehicles

Post by Grimey »

@chumley
I saw a mini Cooper on that road a few years ago. Pretty far in, too. Pretty amazing. By "pretty amazing", I mean, it's pretty amazing how stupid humans can be.
louie

Post by louie »

@chumley :) Hah! Not that road. Lol. But I’m always up for the challenge….but I like to think I know my limits…until I don’t…
Not all who wander are lost...
SpiderLegs
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Post by SpiderLegs »

When I lived in Idaho I was in an online group like HAZ that was more focused on peak bagging. That group's "Joe" who ran the website also drove an ancient Geo Metro hatchback that you would see being driven into some interesting spots.
See my pics on Instagram @tucsonexplorer
azbackpackr
City, State: Flagstaff AZ

Post by azbackpackr »

@SpiderLegs
Older little cars tended to have more clearance than more recent models. Even my '94 Honda Accord used to do pretty well.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.
Alston_Neal

Post by Alston_Neal »

I've been on that road many times, I guess they need signs for those.......oh wait you would need signs on every dirt road in the Juans. I can't make out the plate but I'm guessing they are from Texas. They tend to stop and park wherever they want.
Semifunctional adult

Our humble abode..
http://www.oldterritorialshop.com
chumley
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by chumley »

louie wrote:I like to think I know my limits…until I don’t…
:lol:
Well, you seem to ask questions about where you can or can't get your rig to, so that's indicative of at least a semiconscious understanding that the vehicle has some limitations. :app:
33s over 45s
big_load
City, State: Andover, NJ

Post by big_load »

Alston_Neal wrote:.oh wait you would need signs on every dirt road in the Juans.
I was Jeeping on the Alpine Loop once and got stuck in a hole right at a hairpin near Engineer Pass. I had to give it max acceleration toward the abyss to pop out of the hole, then slam on the brakes the instant I actually moved. I lost interest in doing such things thereafter.

Return to “In the news...”