Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
outdoor_lover
Dangling Kokopelli
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Hiker has fallen

Post by outdoor_lover » Mar 02 2012 10:01 pm

A hiker has fallen in the Superstition Range. SAR is out at First Water TH with a helicopter and ambulance. One of the SAR members told me that they have the guy's location and he's about 6 miles in. One of the other.hikers said that he was in a Box Canyon. That's all of the information that I have. I do know that the helicopter was buzzing directly over my head every time it went out so the guy might be somewhere beyond Palomino or Black Top Mesa. I was in First Water Creek heading in from Hackberry. The copter was going straight east the whole way. The wind may have been a factor, it gave me a scare a couple of times today....
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

Tough_Boots
Forest Gangster
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Hiker has fallen

Post by Tough_Boots » Mar 02 2012 11:52 pm

The lower LaBarge box canyon would be just about six miles hiking distance from the First Water TH.
"there is no love where there is no bramble."
--bill callahan

John9L
Dorsal Glacier Drifter

Post by John9L » Mar 03 2012 2:48 pm

Whatever was going on was cleaned up this morning. I arrived at the First Water trailhead at 6:45am and made the Marsh Valley Loop. I even detoured over to Charlebois. From there I went out Bull Pass And Dutchman. No signs of anything. We're so lucky we live in an age where rescuers are willing to come to the rescue 24 hours a day!

juliachaos
Dimensional Kopelli
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by juliachaos » Mar 03 2012 11:45 pm

didn't realize there was anything going on out there. I was just in La Barge box and Boulder Canyon today.. the only excitement seemed to be a huge group of campers in Boulder Cyn.

outdoor_lover
Dangling Kokopelli

Post by outdoor_lover » Mar 03 2012 11:50 pm

They must have gotten him out last night. Didn't see anything about it on the news either....
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

Return to “Injuries”