Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guide  • Cibecue Creek, AZ
Linked Areas none
Cultjam
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Hiked alone, got hurt confession

Post by Cultjam » May 23 2016 6:23 pm

Broke off three teeth and chipped one of the front. Lower lip is a bit cut up. What's weird is I don't remember falling or what made me fall, just the pain of the rock smashing into my face.

I really shouldn't have made Cibecue my first road trip hike of the summer but I was so excited to have my Jeep running again after years and I had weight I wanted to lose. Hiking was always the fastest way to get it off me and I go on stream hikes to keep the dogs watered. I took two of my dogs, both are 100 pounds, not social with people so I usually take then to barely known trails. They might have pulled my down when they saw the other hikers' dog, I remember seeing the dog but that's all. I don't know what if anything else happened.

After the impact I remember a younger woman insisting I take a bottle of water from her but I refused (because broken teeth). I also had the dogs leashes to hold and didn't want to carry anything else. She and whomever she was with vanished after that. I don't remember most of that part. I got up, hiked back to the Jeep and drove home. Freaked out a couple women while cleaning myself up in the McDonalds restroom in Globe, had to calm them down, but to be fair my mouth was a bloody mess. Saw my dentist this afternoon, one tooth may have to be pulled tomorrow. It's gonna be expensive.

joebartels
teva joe
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Hiked alone, got hurt confession

Post by joebartels » May 23 2016 7:46 pm

Cibecue is a popular destination. Definitely not a good place to take unsocial dogs. Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

Return to “Injuries”