Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
outdoor_lover
Dangling Kokopelli
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

New Hiking Companion Available

Post by outdoor_lover » Oct 07 2011 6:39 am

Hi Guys, I don't usually do this, but this girl is ultra special and needs to be rescued! She would be home with me right now, but my circumstances just will not allow it. If you are looking for a new hiking companion, this one may be a perfect. At approximately 8 lbs, she is lightweight in your pack, but a heavyweight on the trail. Doesn't require much food, but will always find some when needed. Run out of rations? She will hunt down just about anything and bring you back dinner. Armed with sharp teeth and a lion heart to protect you on the trail. Fits conveniently in a backpack or fanny pack and will happily rearrange them for you. She will even dive down to the bottom and fetch your favorite trail snack without you even asking. Also a great body warmer as she will easily fit inside a jacket or shirt. Definitely a survivor, picked up in the streets of South Phoenix and very social. Seems to get along well with other dogs and puppies. Need a shelter for the night? She will gladly dig one for you. Neck warmer, socialite, hunter, tracker, low maintenance, loyal, independent thinker that will steal your heart, hold it close and guard it with her very life.

She is currently at the West side County Shelter and I would love to see her go to a good home. Like I said, I don't usually do this, but she is a rare case and I am dying to see that she finds a Good Home! Red/Red Merle, 1 year old, Female, Long Hair Mini Dachshund with an incredibly sweet disposition.
Attachments
1006111955a.jpg
1006112000a.jpg
1006111958a.jpg
1006111956a.jpg
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

writelots
Wendipelli
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Re: New Hiking Companion Available

Post by writelots » Oct 07 2011 12:28 pm

I wish I had space in my home for all of them - especially cute ones like this. She'll find a special place.
-----------------------------------
It troubles me that these days no matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up
- Lilly Tomlin

PaleoRob
Culture Kokopelli
City, State: Grand Junction, CO

Post by PaleoRob » Oct 07 2011 12:52 pm

What a cutie! I hope she finds her forever home soon. Already having 2 crazy dogs and 2 psychotic cats, things would be tough. I hope another HAZer can help her out.
"The only thing we did was wrong was staying in the wilderness to long...the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight..."
-Old Spiritual
My book, The Marauders on Lulu and Amazon

outdoor_lover
Dangling Kokopelli

Post by outdoor_lover » Oct 07 2011 3:32 pm

Rob del Desierto wrote: I hope another HAZer can help her out.
Me too! I deal with alot of dogs every day, so have somewhat become "immune", but she snatched up my heartstrings right away when I saw her on the street in that neighborhood and it doesn't look like an owner is going to claim her. The only thing bad about the County shelter is that they don't screen prospective dog owners very well, so she could end up going with someone that will put her in the exact same situation and I would hate to see that. She'll either be killed by another dog or just neglected.....It will ruin her.

Pam
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

Jim_H
Climate Windchime
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Jim_H » Oct 07 2011 4:19 pm

There are a ton of "wild" dogs up here, but if someone was considering adopting this dog, would they need to be close to the Valley. I am far away, so I won't be down there for a long time. I have considered getting a dog, though.
Nothing more enjoyable than a good hike out of town.

outdoor_lover
Dangling Kokopelli

Post by outdoor_lover » Oct 07 2011 5:21 pm

Jim_H wrote:There are a ton of "wild" dogs up here, but if someone was considering adopting this dog, would they need to be close to the Valley. I am far away, so I won't be down there for a long time. I have considered getting a dog, though.
@Jim
Have you ever been owned by a Dachshund? LOL!

I have worked on a couple of reservations and the dog situation on them is just a killer. Breaks my heart....

Jim_H
Climate Windchime
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Jim_H » Oct 07 2011 5:32 pm

I hope she can find a good owner :)
Nothing more enjoyable than a good hike out of town.

Trishness
HAZopelli
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ

Post by Trishness » Oct 07 2011 6:45 pm

She is adorable.....wish I had room for her but my very territorial, elderly cat won't hear of it. She's too used to being the "queen bee".
Trish-Kabob

"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds" Ed Abbey

outdoor_lover
Dangling Kokopelli

Post by outdoor_lover » Oct 07 2011 8:51 pm

Trishness wrote:She is adorable.....wish I had room for her
Well, even if no one on this site can take her, if you know of someone that you are confident would give her a good, loving home, pass the information on, I would really appreciate it. She goes up for general adoption on Sunday.....Thank you for all of your nice comments and interest and if you are ever looking for a dog, let me know. I am deep into the dog world, both at work and at play, so I can probably find a good match for you or hook you up with someone who can....

Pam

outdoor_lover
Dangling Kokopelli

Post by outdoor_lover » Oct 14 2011 10:25 pm

Hi Guys, thanks for the nice comments and interest. The dog's name is now "Stella" and she found a wonderful home with a friend of mine's roommate. Both my friend and her roommate are huge dog people and her roommate has had Doxies before so knows what to expect and how to deal with them. I could not be happier with the outcome and the new owner is absolutely ecstatic with this dog. This dog is pretty special and I think everyone knows it. Attached a pic of the new owner and Stella on the way home from the shelter. :y:
Attachments
New Owner!.jpg

azbackpackr
River Paddler
City, State: Flagstaff, Arizona

Post by azbackpackr » Oct 15 2011 5:15 am

Outdoor Lover wrote: huge dog people
But she's such a little thing! Hope those huge dogs don't get her...

Just kidding of course! :D It's fantastic you found her a home!
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

outdoor_lover
Dangling Kokopelli

Post by outdoor_lover » Oct 15 2011 9:38 am

azbackpackr wrote:
Outdoor Lover wrote: huge dog people
But she's such a little thing! Hope those huge dogs don't get her...

@azbackpacker
LOL! She will be surrounded by a 15 yr old Doxie and a rather large "herd" of Border Collies! Those Border Collies aren't going to know what hit them. I doubt if they have ever tried to "herd" something this smart before, lol!

@Jim_H
You missed out on a winner! She has already proven her Climbing and Route Finding skills. She wasn't even 24 hours out of Spay surgery and escaped her X-Pen, lol! She went vertical, going over the top. :) If Doxies can't find a way to go through an obstacle, they will find a way to go over or under. :)

Pam

Return to “Dogs”